Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Rush: Obama Student-Loan Plan Is 'Fraudulent'

Rush: Obama Student-Loan Plan Is 'Fraudulent'

Thursday, 27 Oct 2011 01:27 PM
    By Amy Woods

President Barack Obama’s push to lower student-loan payments and forgive them five years sooner than current law requires is a “fraudulent solutionâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Rush: Obama Student-Loan Plan Is 'Fraudulent'

I was just telling my wife this is a joke. I have a student loan and pay 3 percent interest and $14 a month interest on a balance of almost $7000.
    I pay extra every month just to get it payed off early to get ride of the minimum payment of $163 a month.

Obama said the plan would save 0.5 percent interest. Big fricken deal. Maybe if I owed a 100 grand I might care.

He is going after the student vote.

I would like to see just how many graduates in non-technical fields actually have to be retrained for the career that they are in, by the business they are employed by. When that happens the 'education' they are paying for ( or rather which the customers of the business are paying for, because of higher prices to get things right) then their education has been a waste. There are plenty of opportunities for cultural exposure in our society; no need to pay some professor $100,000 plus huge benefits per year to cram it into them.

College serves social functions---partying, recreation, "meet market"---and taxpayers have absolutely no obligation to subsidize that. Those who opt for technical study usually find that their training has enough demand that they should have no problem paying the debts off.

Why should we reward liberal arts students, unless they are particularly geniuses? A lot of them are simply schooled in subversive doctrines and have limited use in our society. It gets even more speculative when we get into things like the study of law.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)