Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rush: Watch out for 30% who pay no taxes

Rush: Watch out for 30% who pay no taxes
    Cites WND book 'Audacity of Deceit' by Brad O'Leary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: October 04, 2008
    12:00 am Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh is warning Americans about the 30 percent of the people in the country who pay no federal income taxes, because they will forever be in favor of higher taxes on everyone else.

Limbaugh quoted extensively on his program today from an op-ed by Brad O'Leary, author of "The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values."

"The Audacity of Deceit", released by WND Books, has hit the nation's largest bookstores in a head-to-head clash with Obama's release of his campaign book, "Change We Can Believe In."

Eric M. Jackson, president of WND books, says it will "shed new light on a public figure who's enjoyed a meteoric rise with little scrutiny."

"The greatest find, the greatest discovery in the political world is a new voting bloc, and his book and his research here is targeted at proving that Obama's big voting bloc is the 30 percent-plus of Americans who pay no income taxes," Limbaugh said. "These people get polled a lot, they are played to constantly, and they are all for ever higher taxes on everybody else 'cause it means more for them, in their own version of 'trickle down.'"

Limbaugh said O'Leary's work is "fascinating," and he read extensively from O'Leary's op-ed published in Investors Business Daily.

Citing the article's title, "Forgotten Foot Soldiers In War On Success," Limbaugh said, "That's exactly what the Democrats are waging."

Limbaugh quoted from O'Leary: "When writing my latest book, 'The Audacity of Deceit: Barack Obama's War on American Values,' I discovered a relatively unknown constituency: the 30 percent of American voters who do not pay federal income taxes. These Americans are exempt from paying income taxes either because their income level is below the threshold that would require them to pay, or their total deductions leave them with no income-tax liability."

O'Leary continued, "So I set out to determine exactly who these people are and what makes them tick. In conjunction with Zogby America, I conducted a series of carefully orchestrated polls. For more results than I can write about here, you'll have to buy my book or go to www.BarackObamaTest.com. First, I found that 60 percent of likely voters among non-taxpaying Americans favor Obama for president, whereas only 31 percent favor John McCain. In addition, a majority of the 30 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes agree with Obama's $65 billion plan to institute taxpayer-funded, universal health coverage. On the other side, a majority of the 70 percent of Americans who pay federal income taxes (i.e., the folks who would have to foot the bill for this boondoggle) are opposed to Obama's health care plan."

Limbaugh said O'Leary was on point when he wrote, "[I]f Barack Obama and his legions of non-taxpaying supporters are allowed to set America's economic policies and priorities, a wrench will be thrown into the gears of our remarkable economic machine. America will face a new war. Call it Obama's 'war on success.' In this war, there will be no winners – only losers – taxpayers and non-taxpayers alike."

O'Leary's work found that 70 percent of Americans shoulder the majority of the federal budgetary burden for all Americans now, so Obama's claim for a plan to cut taxes for 95 percent of Americans is a logical impossibility.

"Is he going to give more money to nontaxpayers?" O'Leary questioned. "You can't give a tax cut to 95 percent of Americans if only 70 percent of them pay federal income taxes in the first place. Then again, math may not be Obama's strong suit."

O'Leary, former president of the American Association of Political Consultants, is the author of 11 books, a former talk radio host with millions of listeners and the award-winning television producer of "Ronald Reagan: An American President."

O'Leary's book contends Obama's vision for change, if exposed, would not come close to what Americans hope for.

"Obama has written multiple books and no major legislation, but that's not a coincidence," says O'Leary. "He's tried to hide his true beliefs from the American people behind soaring oratory promising 'hope' and 'change,' but that's just a smokescreen, and one that's been very effective. Until now."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=76971
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

THERE MAY BE SOME THAT DONT PAY INCOME TAX...BUT THEY STILL PAY TAX. WHEN THEY BUY THINGS THEY PAY TAX. THEY PAY GAS TAX, PHONE TAX, SALES TAX, CIGARETTE TAX BIG TIME, ALCOHOL TAX, PROPERTY TAX AND SO ON. EVERYONE PAYS TAX. TAX IS HIDDEN EVERYWHERE. RENTERS PAY PROPERTY TAX PASSED TO THEM BY THE PROPERTY OWNER. THERE IS TAX ON SERVICES. TAX TAX EVERYWHERE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We should eliminate all income based taxes and pass the FairTax. Then everyone plays by the same rules on the same basis.

www.fairtax.org
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    We should eliminate all income based taxes and pass the FairTax. Then everyone plays by the same rules on the same basis.

www.fairtax.org
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT. THERE SHOULD JUST BE A SALES TAX. ANYONE WHO BUYS ANYTHING PAYS TAX NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE....EVEN DRUG DEALERS. NO DEDUCTIONS, NO UNDER REPORTING, NO HIDING IN FOREIGN ACCOUNTS. NONE OF THAT. AND LET CORPORATIONS PAY TAX ON THE INVENTORY THEY BUY, WHICH THEY DONT RIGHT NOW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Reminds me of the poor bumming from the poor or stealing from Peter to pay Paul