Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

S. 1867 + H.R. 1540 = 1984

WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS “TREACHEROUS LEGISLATION?â€

A lot of people, including myself, believe that this legislation will be used to intern peaceful protesters, such as those involved in the Occupy Wall Street movement.
    The Occupy Wall Street movement has not been peaceful whereas the Tea Party movement has been. Who wrote this article that they ignore this obvious fact?
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Senators have been told to say that Sen. Dianne Feinstein's Amendment 1546 protects U.S. citizens and prohibits
    the military from being used against U.S. citizens and legal residents. (Cf. the related Amendment III.)

But the operative word in Sec. 1032(b) of S.1867 is "requirement".

The treacherous authors of Sections 1031 and 1032 pretend that there is no difference between
    • the military is not required

and

the military is not authorized or permitted
    to arrest civilians and detain them indefinitely, without trial, due process, or habeas corpus.

How a law is worded does matter. But your Senator has been fed a line and probably won't listen. Mine won't.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles
    A lot of people, including myself, believe that this legislation will be used to intern peaceful protesters, such as those involved in the Occupy Wall Street movement.
    The Occupy Wall Street movement has not been peaceful whereas the Tea Party movement has been. Who wrote this article that they ignore this obvious fact?
    The Tea Party protest were peaceful, with usually 1 or 2 day of protests and no arrests that I am aware of. Hardly disruptive and or abusive at all but that isn't the point. They want to stop protests of any kind and this is the legislation that the postemail is bringing attention to.

Of course it will still be "depends on who is doing the protesting" getting arrested type of thing. Fairness all around like obummer says except, you know, "they" can pick and choose who will get arrested when they want to. You know "fairness" all around with the pepper spray and batons and paddy wagons..

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles
    The Tea Party protest were peaceful, with usually 1 or 2 day of protests and no arrests that I am aware of. Hardly disruptive and or abusive at all but that isn't the point. They want to stop protests of any kind and this is the legislation that the postemail is bringing attention to.

Of course it will still be "depends on who is doing the protesting" getting arrested type of thing. Fairness all around like obummer says except, you know, "they" can pick and choose who will get arrested when they want to. You know "fairness" all around with the pepper spray and batons and paddy wagons..
    Well. . . ever since Katrina, alot of cops will no longer obey unlawful orders and many have joined "Oath Keepers". In the meantime, excesses by the cops are usually recorded via a well-armed (with cell phone cameras) citizenry.
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!

Police Do Care

I get irritated when people come down on our police officers, saying that they don't care. Well, here is a story that shows not all cops are in that category.

The Fredericksburg, TX. Police Department reported finding a man's body last Saturday in the Pedernales River near the HW-87 Bridge. The dead man's name would not be released until his family had been notified.
    The victim apparently drowned due to excessive beer consumption while visiting "someone" in Kerrville, TX. He was wearing black fishnet stockings, a red garter belt, a pink G-string, purple lipstick, and an Obama T-shirt.
    The police removed the Obama T-shirt to spare his family any unnecessary embarrassment. "See, Police do care."