Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Salt Lake Police Shoot, Kill Two Dogs in Drug Bust

Salt Lake Police Shoot, Kill Two Dogs in Drug Bust:

By Aaron falk

The Salt Lake Tribune

First published 1 hour ago

Updated 1 hour ago

Updated Apr 20, 2011 10:53AM

Salt Lake police say they shot and killed two aggressive dogs while executing a narcotics search warrant Tuesday night.

About 9:15 p.m., officers entered a home near 150 E. Edith Ave. and were attacked by the pit bulls, police said.

Officials on Wednesday said they were unsure how many officers fired at the animals.

Inside the home, officers found heroin and drug paraphernalia, police said.

Police booked three people, ages 24 to 29, into the Salt Lake County Jail on suspicion of drug possession. The trio were also booked on suspicion of child endangerment because there were two young children inside the home, police said.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51664 ... g.html.csp
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

Bad owners make Pit Bulls vicious.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A lot of dogs, not only Pit Bulls, are protective of their property. The dogs were only doing what a lot of us would like our dogs to do, protect our home and family. I'm not saying the police were wrong for shooting them, but it does seem like they could have been better prepared had they done a quality investigation before entering the house.

A barking dog could be considered agressive by some peoples definition of the word. Did the dogs actually attack the police officers or were they just snarling and barking?

I always use caution when approaching people homes, because I am afraid of dogs. A few years ago I had to have a Pit-bull dog put to sleep, it was too aggressive, and wanted to attack any people came to my home.
    When you aid and support criminals, you live a criminal life style yourself:

My daughter had a Pitbull that was very powerful and a big baby. He was stolen out of her yard to fight and hacked to death with a machete by two teenaged boys in her neighborhood. The bill to try and save him was $1,100.00, but he didn't make it.

I feel sorry for the breed because it seems Pits have gotten a bad reputation because they are so often bred and used for fighting. I think that any animal fighting, dog, rooster whatever, is barbaric. Pitbulls were, and still may be, outlawed in Denver
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have been bitten by more Chihuahua's than pit bulls. Then again, I wouldn't approach a pit bull as easily as I would a chihuahua either.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Banned
    Pits are more used because of there size.I for one work in military on illegal pot growing we would fly around in helocopters locate crops land go in and cut and destoyed the dope.I carried a 12 guage pump with oo buck for security for the cut teams in one week i had to shoot 7 pit bull that would come at us that they had there to protect the crops,but dogs was not all they would use they would catch rattlesnakes cut their rattles off and tie them in the feilds fishhooks inserted in the stalks of the plants so when you would reach and get them they would go into your hand or use clear fishing line with hooks dangle down to catch you in the face and some feilds were even rigged with trip wire bombs using tnt or pipe bombs,but dogs were used mostly.