Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schultz Says Racism Behind Republican Opposition To 'Occupy'

Schultz Says Racism Behind Republican Opposition To 'Occupy' Movement

NewsBusters
    By Mark Finkelstein | October 10, 2011 | 22:50

Serious question: if he ever had it, has Ed Schultz totally lost it? There's lots to be said about the Occupy Wall Street movement. But of all the cockamamie comments, of all the nutty non sequiturs, surely Ed Schultz's takes the crazy cake.

On his MSNBC show tonight, Schultz claimed that what lies behind Republican criticism of Occupy is . . . racism. In a beyond-bizarre analogy, Schultz somehow said that there's "no difference" between GOP congressman Peter King's criticism of Occupy Wall Street and . . . Trent Lott's 2002 birthday-party praise for Strom Thurmond. W-h-a-a-a-t?

VIDEO: http://www.mrctv.org/videos/schultz-say ... y-movement

Watch Schultz's synapse-snapping, utterly incoherent attempt at analogy.

ED SCHULTZ: I am absolutely amazed that Peter King is getting a pass by the media for saying what he said on Friday on Laura Ingraham's radio show. Let's just get into this a little bit more. He says: "I remember what happened in the '60s when the left wing took to the streets and somehow the media glorified them and end up shaping policy. We can't allow that to happen." Well I'm old enough to remember the 60s as well, congressman. And those protests were about stopping the war in Vietnam that eventually took 56,000 American lives. That was a time period in this country when we were also fighting for civil rights. You know: so black folks could go fight, to go vote. I mean, is that what you're for?

So I ask Mr. King tonight: do you agree with Trent Lott, who said back on December 5th, 2002 that you know what? If we had voted for Strom Thurmond, we wouldn't have had all these other problems. I mean, those two comments, what Peter King said on Laura Ingraham's radio show and what Trent Lott said back in December of 2002: there's no difference! It's a mindset of the Republican party. If they don't hear what they want to hear they want everybody else to shut up. But it's also that dirty little secret of the Republican party: they've got a real issue with race.

Source: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-f ... upy-moveme
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

More mudslinging from political operatives to deflect focus from the real issues. JMO
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ed Schultz needs a lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Now, THAT'S funny

PS. Florgal is that your Co. Sheriff going to DC? If so, what can NC expect from him? Is he a good one or an OBL'er?

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar
    The Blacks are even rarer in Occupy than they are in Tea Party

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Now, THAT'S funny

PS. Florgal is that your Co. Sheriff going to DC? If so, what can NC expect from him? Is he a good one or an OBL'er?
    Yeah, I'm in Page's county and we are FULL of illegals here and they keep on coming it seems. Page isn't what most of us would like him to be, but he isn't the worst either. He will arrest one once in a while, but nothing ever seems to come of those arrests. They are right back shopping/stealing at WalMart by the end of the next day. He certainly doesn't go out of his way to catch and detain illegals. This trip to DC, like the one he made to the border, is in my opinion, all for show.