Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Schumer urges Trump to allow Dems' 'FISA memo' to also be released

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schumer urges Trump to allow Dems' 'FISA memo' to also be released

Schumer urges Trump to allow Dems' 'FISA memo' to also be released

By Joseph Weber | Fox News
    10 hours ago

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and fellow congressional Democrats are ratcheting up the pressure on President Trump to release to Democrats’ version of Republicans’ so-called FISA memo, in the interest of “full transparency.”

The New York senator and others made their plea Sunday, two days after Republican leaders of the House Intelligence committee released their memo, which alleges “abuses” by the FBI and Justice Department when requesting a surveillance warrant from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, or FISA court, on then-Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

“I believe it is a matter of fundamental fairness that the American people be allowed to see both sides of the argument and make their own judgements,” Schumer said.

The GOP memo alleges the warrant was requested by the two federal agencies based, at least in part, on a largely unsubstantiated anti-Trump dossier financed by Democrats.

California Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the Intelligence Committee, has suggested that Republicans used information out of context to draft their memo and as a result is trying to release Democrats’ version.

Schiff is expected on Monday to officially request that the committee, led by California Republican Devin Nunes, release Democratic members’ 10-page memo, with the promise to send it to the Justice Department for redactions.

The president would have five days to decide whether the memorandum can be made public, as he did with the GOP memo.

“I again urge you to support the release of ranking member Schiff’s memo so that the American people can make their own judgement on the facts of the case,” Schumer also said.

Schumer also argued the release of the GOP memo, after Trump declassified its content, was “only intended to undermine” the Justice Department collusion investigation, now being led by special counsel Robert Mueller.

Congressional Republicans have rejected that argument.

“The memo has nothing to do at all with the special counsel,” Utah Rep. Chris Stewart, a Republican member of the Intelligence committee, told “Fox News Sunday.” “I hope the special counsel completes his work and reports it to the people.”

Later on the show, Rep. Eric Swalwell, a Democrat on the committee, argued the memo indeed “appears” intended to undermine Mueller and his investigation.

And he urged Stewart to return to Capitol Hill this week to support legislation that would protect Mueller and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and support the release of the Democrats’ memo “that puts into context, point by point, the seriousness of this investigation as well as new, unseen evidence that bolsters the FBI's credibility.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-released.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I really liked politics when Chucky was silent.

I want it all declassified. I want every FISA warrant of any and every person associated with the Trump campaign, Trump family, Trump Transition and Trump White House staff declassified and released to the public. I want this evil exposed.

I also want a bill, a solid piece of legislation, that forbids any FBI, Congressional or special counsel investigations of a sitting President or any campaign that got that person to the White House. The FEC, Federal Elections Commission is the authorized agency to investigate any wrong-doing by a campaign. Any other type of investigation is an infringement upon the political expression and first amendment rights of candidates, campaign workers, and supporters of a particular candidate. We have 3 separate branches of government, Congress is not an oversight agency of the Presidency, the American People are the oversight of that branch. Congress has oversight responsibility over agencies to ensure they follow the law, but not a President and not a candidate for President, nor campaign workers, advisors, associates or supporters.

We have to stop these circuses. The Clinton impeachment was an embarrassing circus, the Nixon resignation was a tragedy of monumental proportions for our country, and this Russia Hoax has truly made the United States political system the laughing stock of the world. We're the United States and we're afraid of Russia "meddling in our elections"?? OH PULEEZE. We're the United States, free love, free sex and we want to impeach a President for having consensual sex of some type with a grown woman named Monica Lewinsky or lying about it when confronted with it? OH PULEEZE. These hypocrites need to be made to sit down and shut up. So we need legislation to do that. Unless there's evidence that we inadvertently elected a terrorist to the White House, then everyone needs to accept the election and put all the gossip and rumors and improprieties or whatever petty crap they can dig up aside once the election is over. If it didn't make a difference during the election, then it no longer applies during the Presidency. Period. I'm a dyed in the wool Republican, but I totally opposed the impeachment of President Clinton. What happened with that was so wrong on every level. Just as the attempted impeachment of Richard Nixon. No good comes from this terrible behavior by our Congress.

The role of the US Congress is very limited and even then they can't pass a budget or pass laws to secure our country or fund competent intelligence agencies to find out who has nuclear weapons before we see them flying through the air over Japan on TV.

Our Presidents, whether they're the ones we voted for or the ones other people voted for, they are our Presidents. We don't have to agree with their policies, but we will probably agree with some of them even when they aren't the person we voted for. But whoever is President deserves the immunity the Constitution gives them, for the peace of mind to perform their jobs, free from political witch hunts and force of law spying on them, framing them, setting them up, setting up and framing their campaigns and advisors and supporters. Our Presidents have enormous responsibilities, vigorous schedules, so many numerous complex issues that they have to deal with every hour of every day, that they can't function with Congress, the DOJ, the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, or the Corrupt Media breathing down their necks. This is not how our system is supposed to work.

The Russia Hoax needs to be shut down, everyone involved in these phony FISA warrants fired and prosecuted, and the FBI, CIA, DNI, NSA and DOJ cleaned out of its political hacks and witches.

The FBI lost its credibility a long time ago, and I don't see anything in recent years that has done anything except push it further down into the gutter. Until the FBI is 100% accountable to the elected President of the United States, it will continue to rot in the gutter it created for itself. Where this stupid notion of "independence" came from, I have no clue, but it did not come from the Constitution, the people or the law.
    Last edited by Judy; 02-05-2018 at 04:03 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The Democrats are resisting their memo going through the same process that the first memo went through. They just want to "put it out there" without any review.