Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Scientist: All Blue-Eyed People Are Related

Change of pace from campaigns and illegal immigration.

Believe Hillary has blue eyes--the rest all have brown?

Scientist: All Blue-Eyed People Are Related
    Friday, February 01, 2008

If you've got blue eyes, shake the hand of the nearest person who shares your azure irises: He or she may be a distant cousin.

Danish researchers have concluded that all blue-eyed people share a common ancestor, presumably someone who lived 6,000 to 10,000 years ago.

"Originally, we all had brown eyes," Professor Hans Eiberg of the University of Copenhagen said in a press release. "But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a 'switch,' which literally 'turned off' the ability to produce brown eyes."

That "switch" — a simple change from "A," or adenine, to "G," or guanine, in the DNA — actually sits next to the OCA2 gene, which regulates the pigmentation of our eyes, hair and skin, and hence has only a limiting effect on it.

If the mutation had completely deactivated OCA2, all blue-eyed people would be albinos.

Eiberg and his team analyzed 155 individuals in a large Danish family, plus several blue-eyed people born in Turkey and Jordan.

All blue-eyed subjects had the mutation, and there was very little variation on the genes neighboring it on the chromosome, indicating that the mutation first arose relatively recently.

In contrast, most mammals share the "normal" form of the gene. The six-letter sequence is exactly the same among mice, horses, cows, rats, dogs, cats, monkeys, chimpanzees and humans with brown eyes. (No word on what gives Siberian huskies and Siamese cats blue eyes.)

Eiberg figures the mutation took place on the northern of the Black Sea, but that's an educated guess, assuming the first blue-eyed humans were among the proto-Indo-Europeans who subsequently spread agriculture into western Europe and later rode horses into Iran and India.

Ironically, neither the first person to have the mutation, nor his or her children, would have had blue eyes themselves.

Blue eyes are a recessive trait, and the gene must be inherited from both parents. (Green eyes involve a related but different gene, one that is recessive to brown but dominant to blue.)

It wasn't until the original mutant's grandchildren or great-grandchildren hooked up — cousin marriage is the norm through most of human history — that the first blue-eyed person appeared. He or she must have looked pretty odd for the Neolithic era.

Eiberg stresses that the genetic variation, as the press release puts it, is "neither a positive nor a negative mutation."

That's a bit disingenuous, as the mutation also produces greater instance of blond hair (sexually selected for even today) and fair skin, which confers a survival advantage by stimulating greater production of vitamin D in sun-starved northern European countries — exactly where blue eyes are still most prevalent.

• Click here for the University of Copenhagen press release, and here for the full journal article.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327070,00.html

“It's not the voting that's democracy; it's the counting.â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have blue as well as my sisters, mother and almost all of my cousins. All of us mus be related to this ancestor. Western European. Very interesting.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The first one to come out was 'red' all over, he was covered with hair, so they named him Esau . Gen. 25:25 .

Not one of these scientist have been able to prove anything about evolution , or the slime the insist they came from .

They have not been able to 'create ' life or tell us where the ability to think comes from .

Ask one of them , where atoms, and matter came from . Ask them where the universe came from . Ask them if it is not scientifically logical that we are NOT the only intelegent force in the universe .

This is just another ploy of the one worlders to insult the white race by claiming we are a genetic defect !

White is not only the most advanced ,but also the most civilized . That can be a bad thing if we don't limit ourselves . I think this is true because we have always been Biblically inpired people ,even our falling away has been short lived , UNTIL LATELY !.

Whites are also the race that other races can most easily take advantage of. For some reason, whites are the only race enslaved to the doctrine of giving charity to all of the other races and taking in refugees from all over the world. Do the Japanese do that? Why do we? Why do we give money to foreigners when we do not have enough money to take care of our own children?

Charity should always be an individual decision. It should never be a tax funded program.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Atlanta Georgia was one of Americas most beautiful citys .

I am from there and when i was a kid of 11 my freinds and I would ride the bus to downtown to the Lowes Grand, Fox and Realto theatres . Last bus left at midnight . We also took bus to shop at Kress, Rics ,Sears Robuck and other stores downtown . This was long before malls came out .

You would see the city street sweepers keeping everything clean . It was bustling with business.

I just went there last weekend and it is a real ghetto now . It was only 8:30 pm and except for a couple places where the Ga.Tech studends hung out it was riff raff .Trash all over the streets , so many one way streets because some idiot city engineer thought it was good idea . Except for a couple clubs and the criminal elment it looked like a ghost town with a few barred up storefronts and high rises .

Pimps, prostitutes and drug pushers on many corners . Loud perverterd rap music blasted us at red lights from white and black college kids and other elements of society.

I went to Stone Mountain and it is almos all black now . But a lot of the homes there are kept in beautiful shape . Manicured landscapes, nice cars parked outside , yet most places we visited were racist . We went into one restaurant and were looked at by angry faces ,so we didn't eat there . At a Waffle House we watched closely our food peparations . Racism goes both ways .

Same thing with New Orleans except it went long before Atlanta .

Fact is when minorities take over, this is what happens . Is this racist to say ? Not unless the truth is racist . Same thing when mexicans move into a n-hood , it goes straight to hell fast, truth being racist again ?

This is because we have allowed ' tolerence ' to over ride common sense .

Wonder where Jessy jackson, Al and all the other race hustlers are when this kind of degredation is going on in their black controlled crime infested cities ? Out dividing America somewhere I guess .