Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sears/Military Duty

I received this in an email:
    Sears - Christmas shopping has already started:

I know I needed this reminder since Sears isn't always my first choice. Amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and they haven't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.

Decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the Internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care
    webcenter@sears.com
    1-800-349-4358

Please pass this on to all your friends. Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our military!!!

It's Verified ! By Snopes.com at:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

I got the same via my Corp. Email
    Ron Paul 2012

BarackObama.com, says, "To remove incentives to enter the country illegally, we need to crack down on employers that hire undocumented immigrants."

Sears supports NCLR.

Corporate Partners Program
    The National Council of La Raza invites corporations large and small and Hispanic entrepreneurs to join in its mission to empower current and future generations of Hispanic Americans.

We encourage individual Hispanic entrepreneurs to become an NCLR partner as well. Partners like you have firsthand knowledge of the hard work and dedication it takes to achieve the American Dream. We would deeply appreciate your involvement in our institution and welcome your membership participation.

Allstate Insurance Company
    American Airlines
    American Express Company
    American International Group, Inc.
    Amgen Foundation
    AstraZeneca
    Bank of America
    Best Buy Children's Fund
    Bridgestone Firestone Trust Fund
    Cardinal Health
    Catholic Healthcare West
    Chevron Corporation
    Citi
    Clear Channel Communications
    The Coca-Cola Company
    Comcast Corporation
    ConAgra Foods, Inc.
    Coors Brewing Company
    Cox Enterprises, Inc./Cox Communications, Inc.
    Chrysler Corporation Fund
    Darden Restaurants Foundation
    Diageo NA
    Eastman Kodak Company
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car
    Fannie Mae
    FedEx Corporation
    General Mills, Inc.
    General Motors Corporation
    Hallmark Cards, Inc.
    Harrah's Entertainment
    Hershey Foods Corporation
    Hess Foundation, Inc.
    J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
    Johnson & Johnson
    Kraft Foods, Inc.
    The Kroger Co.
    Lowe's
    Marriott International, Inc.
    McDonald's Corporation
    The McGraw-Hill Companies
    Mercedes Benz
    Merck & Co. Inc.
    Merck/Schering-Plough
    MetLife Foundation
    MGM Mirage
    The Microsoft Corporation
    Miller Brewing Company
    Morgan Stanley
    Northrop Grumman Corporation
    PepsiCo, Inc.
    Prudential Financial
    Qwest Communications
    Rockwell Automation
    Schering-Plough
    Schneider National
    Sears, Roebuck and Co.
    Silicon Valley Foundation
    Sodhexo
    Southwest Airlines
    State Farm Insurance Companies
    Time Warner Inc.
    United Parcel Service (UPS)
    Verizon Communications
    Wachovia
    Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
    Waste Management, Inc.
    Wells Fargo
    The Williams Company
    Wilmer Cutler Pickering, LLP
    Xerox Corporation

For all inquiries about corporate partnership with NCLR, contact:
    Ron Estrada
    Tel: (202) 785-1670
    Email: restrada@nclr.org

http://www.nclr. org/section/corporate_partners/corporate_partners_program/

I won't shop at Sears anymore. I pretty much know how that company runs and they might help a few people but I can assure you it's only a select few and wouldn't surprise me one bit if they now make it a policy to not hire potential service people or somehow fire them before they leave so they won't have to follow through with their "promises". They may do it for long term full time or salaried employees, of which there are very few so it looks impressive and not enough who return to know yet if it really worked out like their "promise" states.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Shouldn't be long before Chrysler can be taken off the list. The way things are going, there's probably a bunch of them that will tank in this wonderful economy we have.