Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Sen. Lugar (R-Ind.) pushes to renew assault weapons ban

January 17, 2011

Lugar pushes to renew assault weapons ban

Sen. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) this weekend called on Congress to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004.

comments 35

Lugar is the first GOP senator to call for increased gun control following the Tucson tragedy that killed six people and wounded 13 others, including Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. But Lugar, who supported the initial 10-year-long assault weapons ban when it passed in 1994, said he's not optimistic about the chances for passing gun control legislation this Congress.

“I believe it should be, but I recognize the fact that the politics domestically in our country with regard to this are on a different track altogether,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Lugar voted yes on the scheme act, he's fired!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

TOTAL NWO SCUM. TEAPARTY IS WELL AWARE.

Hopefully the Tea Party of Indiana will act a little quicker and beat the MSM to the punch and push a patriot and not wait for another Coats to come up.

John Hotstettler for Senate!

A grandiose gesture that means nothing

January 18, 2011

Lugar wants to renew assault weapons ban

Rick Moran
    17 Comments

It seems pretty clear that Indiana Senator Richard Lugar has resigned himself to a primary challenge from his right flank and is attempting to shore up his support among moderate Republicans and dems.

This would explain his high profile effort to renew the ban on assault weapons.

Politico: http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthru ... s_ban.html

Sen. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) this weekend called on Congress to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004.

Lugar is the first GOP senator to call for increased gun control following the Tucson tragedy that killed six people and wounded 13 others, including Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. But Lugar, who supported the initial 10-year-long assault weapons ban when it passed in 1994, said he's not optimistic about the chances for passing gun control legislation this Congress.

"I believe it should be, but I recognize the fact that the politics domestically in our country with regard to this are on a different track altogether," Lugar told Bloomberg Television's Al Hunt Jan. 14.

Lugar also noted the increase in ammunition sales since the shootings, which he suspected was out of fear that Congress might pass far-reaching gun control legislation in wake of the tragedy.

It will be very difficult to unseat Lugar who hasn't lost a state wide race since 1976. It will be interesting to see if the "out of touch" label that will surely be applied to him by a primary opponent will still resonate in 2012. My guess is it will and that Lugar will be in the fight of his political life.

As far as the assault weapons ban - forget about it. Not going to happen. Lugar knows this which makes his grandiose gesture even more insulting.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... ult_w.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It will be very difficult to unseat Lugar who hasn't lost a state wide race since 1976. It will be interesting to see if the "out of touch" label that will surely be applied to him by a primary opponent will still resonate in 2012. My guess is it will and that Lugar will be in the fight of his political life.
    MAJOR RINO ~ He is History and knows it. He watched Castle go down in flames; He and Lindsay Grahmn are next up

BTTT, Just another go around for Hoosiers and Tea Party members and Patriots to get a glimpse of a has been!