Cruz: We Need to Repeal Obamacare and Provide Positive Health Care Reform

RUSH TRANSCRIPT

Kelly: Did you see what just happened there with Dr. Emanuel? Ted Cruz may have been watching. He’s been relentless in his opposition to Obamacare. So what I gleaned from the interview is I think fox news is at fault and it’s irrelevant whether they knew that the individual insurance market would essentially go away when they were promising people they could keep their plans if they liked them. Your thoughts?
Cruz: I agree. You should have been a better computer programmer. It’s personally your fault.
Kelly: I took typing twice.
Cruz: I thought the interview was revealing. The question he didn’t want to answer is what do you say to the 5 million American who is oh have already lost their health care who were told by the president if you like your plan you can keep it and who have discovered that promise was willfully, knowingly false. He doesn’t have an answer to that. That’s happening all over the country. It’s the latest indication of why the law isn’t working and you are starting to see bipartisan agreement that it’s not working.
Kelly: What is it like for you now? You were so criticized and ridiculed for holding up the government, doing what you did to try to stop the law from rolling out. Now that we see bipartisan outrage in response to the law, what’s it like for you?
Cruz: It’s heartbreaking that so many Americans are hurt by this. It’s vindication for the millions of Americans who months ago said Obamacare isn’t working. It’s killing jobs and risking our health care. The Washington establishment unfortunately didn’t listen to millions of Americans who saw it coming, who predicted it and said, let’s stop it. Now the real difference is we are seeing real people who are suffering, hurting, losing health care. All you have to do is travel the state of Texas as I do often or travel anywhere in the country and visit with any of the millions of people getting cancellation notices. You talk to mothers who have kids with diabetes and health issues who have lost their health care. They are scared. It was caused by congress. This thing isn’t working and we need to start over and stop the bill.
Kelly: What could possibly fix it now? These plans to make people keep the insurance, maybe that could help people not get cancelled if they haven’t been cancelled yet. 5 million people have been already cancelled.
Cruz: The bills that the White House and some of the democrats are talking about are tinkering around the edges. They won’t make a difference to the 5 million people who lost their health care already. They won’t make a difference to the 90 plus million with employer provided health care. The only way to stop the problems is to admit the idea was fundamentally flawed to begin with. We’ve got to start over. At this point, starting over, stopping Obamacare I think is the essence of pragmatism. Three and a half years ago reasonable minds could have differed on whether Obamacare could work. At this point nobody is defending it. It isn’t working. We ought to the say as a reasonable middle of the ground outcome, let’s stop, start over and let’s, number one, do no harm. Stop taking away people’s health care.
Kelly: Now you are calling for what?
Cruz: Well, I think we need to do two things. Number one, we need to suspend Obamacare. We need to repeal it all together. It’s not working. Not middle around the edges but acknowledge this is flawed. Number two, we need positive health care reform. Most importantly to empower consumers to purchase health insurance across state lines, to create a true national market so your health insurance can be affordable, personal, port able and in the coming weeks I intend to lay out a plan to provide that — a plan to repeal Obamacare. At the same time expand options for the 5 million-plus people who lost their health insurance and 300 million across the country to expand their options to have affordable personal portable health care.
Kelly: Senator Ted Cruz, thanks for being here.

Tell Congress: STOP Obamacare! Sign the petition.

Tagged as: repeal obamacare, ted cruz

http://www.conservativeactionalerts....h-care-reform/