Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Senator calls for vetting of candidates' eligibility

BORN IN THE USA?

Senator calls for vetting of candidates' eligibility

GOP's Coburn likes plan to require birth certificates

Posted: June 18, 2009
    9:46 pm Eastern
    By Bob Unruh
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla.

Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., says it's the responsibility of the states to make sure political candidates are eligible for the offices they seek, but he's in favor of both state and federal demands that future presidential candidates have a formal procedure to document their qualifications.

The relatively strong statement from Coburn on the issue of the eligibility of a president came in a recent letter to a constituent who contacted WND.

WND has reported on a federal plan in the U.S. House by Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., that would require documentation of eligibility from presidential candidates, and Coburn confirmed he would view that positively.

"The bill requires any federal candidates' campaign committee filing with the Federal Election Commission to produce a copy of the candidate's birth certificate," he wrote. "If the bill makes it to the Senate, I will likely support it."

Coburn also noted that within the state of Oklahoma, a bill has been proposed that would require "any candidate filing with the Oklahoma State Election Board to provide proof of citizenship by providing a 'state government-issued birth certificate with a raised seal.'"

"I hope the Oklahoma State Legislature will give serious consideration to this bill and I hope more states will reform their ballot access laws to ensure federal candidates must affirmatively prove their eligibility," the senator wrote.

He said while he believes President Obama "meets the constitutional requirement to be president," he said, "It is each state's responsibility to determine the eligibility of those running for federal office."

But the senator also affirmed there are concerns about any "possible violation" of the U.S. Constitution.

"As a U.S. senator, I consult the Constitution regularly and strive to make sure my decisions and positions are in line with that decisive document," he wrote.

Coburn, elected to the Senate in 2004, is focused on cutting wasteful spending and improving health care and affordability, including protecting the sanctity of life.

WND has reported on Posey's plan, including when the congressman was interviewed on a radio program and explained his goal is to eliminate questions of constitutionality in the future.

"The last election is over," Posey said in the interview. "I don't think that outcome is going to change. Personally, I think it's futile to go there, but looking toward the future I think it would be reckless if we do not do everything we could to eliminate problems like that in the future. And that's why I filed the bill."

WND reported earlier the plan now has four cosponsors: Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-Va.; Rep. John R. Carter, R-Texas, Rep. John Culberson, R-Texas and Rep. Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas.

Posey talked about his plan, his goal and his intentions on the Andrea Shea King Show.

"I don't think a Supreme Court would remove a president from office if they heard the case. But ... we should make a good faith effort to make sure that things in the future are as they should be," he said.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... eId=101492
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If it passes, Obama will be a one term president.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Dixie
    Obama is a liar and an imposter, which makes him a villan.

If the Obama Hawaii COLB is "genuine" as many Obama supporters believe it is, does anyone have a theory as to why a 46 year old sitting United States Senator would order a copy of his 1961 Hawaii birth certificate in 2007?

As we know, the Obama COLB on the internet is stamped on the back with the date of June 2007.

1. Does anyone believe that 46 year old Senator Obama lost his 1961 birth certificate in 2007---like a lot of people lose their birth certificates every year---and he ordered a new 2007 Hawaii birth certificate to replace the 1961 birth certificate he lost or misplaced?

2. Or, does any believe that Obama has always had his 1961 Hawaii birth certificate stored in a safe place, but he ordered another Hawaii birth certificate in 2007 as a backup in case he lost his original 1961 Hawaii birth certificate?

NOTE: I don't know about other people here, but I don't know anyone who has two copies of his birth certificate.

3. Or better still, does anyone believe that Obama has always had his 1961 Hawaii birth certificate tucked away in a very safe place, but he still ordered a 2007 Hawaii birth certificate for the following reason:
    He knew that if the public ever saw his original long form 1961 Hawaii birth certificate, the public would quickly spot information on that 1961 Hawaii birth certificate that could be very damaging to Obama's political career?

4. I'm sorry, President Obama, but I pick #3. I believe that you are a very smart person who knows where everything is. And so I believe that you would watch over your 1961 Hawaii birth certificate like a hawk, and there is no way you would lose it.

Dixie
    So a Senator thinks that a Presidential candidate should provide a birth certificate when he applies to run for President of the United States.

As we know, I'm sad to say, many of us learned for the first time this 2008 presidential election---because of the Obama eligibilty issue---that candidates have to sign a routine state form of eligibility to run in many state primaries and in the presidential election.

My suggestion is this: Have the candidate STAPLE a copy of his long form birth certificate to the routine eligibility form required in each state.

Then the candidate's birth certificate automatically becomes part of the public record.

When the candidate's birth certificate becomes part of the public record, then the public can legally and freely examine it any time it wishes.

Myself, I say that we need to demand that any person who runs for any federal office---not just the office of President of the United States---should now be required to STAPLE his long form birth certificate to his application to run for federal public office.

disregard this message.

The President is the only candidate that must be a "natural born citizen". Everyone else can be immigrants... It's critical in the case of the presidency that we prove they are a natural born citizen up front.

However, this presents a different problem and that is the true identity of someone. We have so many people running around today using someone else's ID, they could even run for office with fake ID. We have a right to know that we are electing a legitimate person.

Ooops, if ACORN hasn't already thought of that, I just gave them an idea.

Dixie

Dixie
    Just wondering out loud:

If we were not yet in the Computer age, and we did not have the internet and the world wide web, how would Presidential Candidate Obama publicly release his Hawaii birth certificate in order to prove to the American public that he was eligible to be President of the United States?

1. Newspapers and Hawaii birth certificate: Would candidate Obama have displayed a copy of his Hawaii birth certificate in local and national newspapers like USA Today?

2. Television: Would candidate Obama have bought time on local and national tv programs in order to display his Hawaii birth certificate?

3. If Obama could only use newspapers and television to display his Hawaii birth certificate, I say that Obama would have run into a lot of problems politically for the following reason:

Obama people would have no say as to who would touch and handle the Hawaii birth certificate at the newspapers and the television stations.

4. That is, once persons OUTSIDE of Obama's camp touched and handled Obama's Hawaii birth certificate, there would be more and more chances that someone outside of Obama's camp would closely examine the Hawaii birth certificate and start asking questions about whether or not the Hawaii "birth certificate" was a fake.

5. Also, some newspapers and tv stations might demand that Obama present his long form Hawaii birth certificate---the one with the names of Obama's birth hospital and birth doctor on it---instead of the short form we now see on the internet.

6. As I said, I was just wondering out loud.

Double post error.