Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Citizen Entitlement Programs Take $208 Billion Hit in

Senior Citizen Entitlement Programs Take $208 Billion Hit in Bush Budget

President lays out $3.1 trillion budget and again says Congress must solve financial future of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security

Feb. 4, 2008 - Entitlement programs – short for Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security – will see spending cuts of $208 billion over the next five years, if the budget proposed today by President George W. Bush is approved. The cuts in these programs that primarily affect senior citizens are even larger than earlier estimates. The President, today, repeatedly laid the problem at the feet of Congress, as he did in the State of the Union address.

Related Stories

Health Care Providers to Bare Brunt of Medicare Cost Over-Runs in Future

Administration adds budget feature automatically reducing payments when costs exceed 45% of funding

Feb. 4, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Social Security News

Bush Budget Again Includes Private Investment Accounts in Social Security

Almost $700 billion budget provides $504 million for new efforts to ensure correct benefits are paid to eligible people

Feb. 4, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bush to Raise Medicare Drug Premiums, Cut Medicare $178 Billion in New Budget

Most cuts from decreases in reimbursements to physicians, hospitals and other health care providers

Feb. 1, 2008

Read more on
    > Politics for Senior Citizens
    > Medicare
    > Medicare Drug Program

“Once again, we've proposed specific reforms and specific measuresâ€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not for nothing, but if the pols had kept their hands out of grandmas cookie jar, social security would have been fine.
    Instead they always dipped into it and frittered it away.

Medicare is not great. I still can't believe that they do not cover preventative tests for the elderly. Talk about a disposable segment of our society. We have little value connected to them, which is a disgrace, and a fundamental flaw within our own society. A lot of societies revere their elderly as they have experience, patience, etc.

Guess we show we have our "uncivilized" side after all.

Maybe they should get their "earmarks" permanently removed.
    No favors or political payoffs. Nada.

Somewhere we have to get smart and start holding the line. We have to get off of the merry go round we are own with building up more and more debt.

We may end up as the only country to sell itself.

We need fiscal responsibility. We need to remind people, that they are responsible for themselves, especially our able bodied.
    There are a lot of "entitlement" programs that are unnecessary.
    We also do not need to create separate groups welfare. One office, one adminstration for payouts, etc.

Where does the word ' entitlement ' come from any way ?

Most people who recieve SSI pad into that for decades .

We paid over $400 a month for decades !!!!! So how in the hell can anyone think we don't deserve some of the money back ?

Want to complain about 'enttlements' complain about what the power mad dictators give themselves and their spouses for retirement , cut them off and save billions .

After citizens pay into the Social Security System their entire employment life-time, President Bush now cuts funding and in the meantime working on adding a Mexican Totalization Agreement so Mexican illegal aliens can receive Social Security Benefits.

Congressman Dean Heller (NV) wrote me: "....I strongly support efforts to see our immigration laws properly enforced and prevent illegal aliens from taking advantage of programs intended for American citizens, such as Medicaid, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and Social Security........"
    I did not know about TANF. There are so many fronts in the battle against illegal immigration.

[size=7]The U.S.-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement currently being drafted by the Social Security Administration is not far from implementation. After the current agreement is finalized, approved by the State Department, and signed by the President, Congress will have 60 days to pass a resolution of disapproval of the agreement. If Congress does not disapprove, it will automatically go into effect. Though the stated aim of the totalization agreement is to coordinate the Social Security programs of both countries to our mutual benefit, the actual advantages clearly lie in Mexico's favor.
    http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=18998

CitizenJustice has a post with a link to contact your congressmen at this link:
    Stop the US-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement:
    Illegal Aliens Could Collect Valuable Social Security Benefits

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-101703-mex ... +agreement

"The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Entitlement programs, I know some of the pols include SS, which they shouldn't as that's something each and everyone of us pays into. Each generation generates the funds the previous one.

I don't consider that an entitlement, neither do I medicare.

I would think its the other social programs they sponsor, operation fuel and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RealID
    Entitlement programs, I know some of the pols include SS, which they shouldn't as that's something each and everyone of us pays into. Each generation generates the funds the previous one.

I don't consider that an entitlement, neither do I medicare.

I would think its the other social programs they sponsor, operation fuel and stuff like that.

Sorry my mis-understanding .

I know that our SSI,SSD checks have been going to mexican nationals for years now . Google , Social Security , mexico or something like that .

They live really good off several hundred bucks a month in mexico. I also read that some of the ' hadicap ' considered is ' can't speak the language " !!

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Maybe they should get their "earmarks" permanently removed.
    No favors or political payoffs. Nada.
    How many billions of our $$$ are wasted on earmarks?? We could be doing much better things with that money. We've got to get someone in there that will cut this wasteful spending and it sure isn't McCain.