Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Separtion of church and state

I was wondering exactly what this means. I thought that it only meant that the laws were not faith based, like they are in the Islamic countries. In the Islamic countries the laws of the land are the same as religous laws. That is not the case in this country, so what is with the problem with displaying the ten commandments or baby Jesus in the manger? The church is not interferring with government.

From what I have read on the subject and what has made sense to me is first off get rid of that phrase "seperation of church and state." It is not in the Constitution. That has been used by the atheist and others, quite successfully to instill something other than was intended.

The state was not to establish any national religion. There was too be no church like the Church of England in the days of old in Britain and thereby have a state sponsored religion were men were bound to that religion dictated by the state.

Our founding fathers never intended to remove religion, or religous ideals from government. They recognized that freedom and liberty were given to mankind by God, not by governments. Remove God from government and those freedoms and liberties would fade away.

Just a little of my $.02, not adjusted for inflation.

Perhaps one other thing that might help should you start to investigate this area would be to try and understand the nature of man.