Sharia Court Never Approved By Texas City, Mayor Takes Immediate Action

Posted on February 14, 2015
by Brandon Walker

It seems that the Sharia Court in Texas forgot more than just a law licence to practice a law in Texas. After numerous phone calls and headlines, the Mayor of Irving, Texas took to social media to address one key thing that can sink the court before its first case.

We have been following the developments of the Sharia Court being established in Texas. It seems that they forgot a couple of things in their proud announcement to the press that they were forming the first ever Sharia Court inside the United States. Not only is practicing law without a licence a felony in the State of Texas, it seems the Islamic Tribunal forgot to ask the city council and the mayor if they would be allowed to have an unauthorized court in the city.

And the mayor’s not happy.

In a lengthy Facebook post, Mayor Beth Van Duyne explained to the tribunal and the press that you just don’t mess with Texas, even in the more liberal urban areas near Dallas. Here is her response:

Beth Van Duyne

· February 6 ·Sharia Law Court was NOT approved or enacted by the City of Irving. Recently, there have been rumors suggesting that the City of Irving has somehow condoned, approved or enacted the implementation of a Sharia Law Court in our City. Let me be clear, neither the City of Irving, our elected officials or city staff have anything to do with the decision of the mosque that has been identified as starting a Sharia Court.As Mayor of the City of Irving, I took an oath to uphold the laws of the State of Texas and the Constitution of the United States. I respect the freedoms guaranteed under the First Amendment and believe that protecting fundamental constitutional rights and ensuring that individual rights are not violated or denied is essential.
Currently, Texas Supreme Court precedent does not allow the application of foreign law that violates public policy, statutory, or federal laws. However, now that this issue has emerged in our community, I am working with our State Representatives on legislation to clarify and strengthen existing prohibitions on the application of foreign law in violation of constitutional or statutory rights.
American citizens need to remember that their rights are guaranteed by the Constitution and I believe no one should subjugate themselves to anything less. While I am working to better understand how this “court” will function and whom will be subject to its decisions, please know if it is determined that there are violations of basic rights occurring, I will not stand idle and will fight with every fiber of my being against this action. Our nation cannot be so overly sensitive in defending other cultures that we stop protecting our own. The American Constitution and our guaranteed rights reigns supreme in our nation and may that ever be the case.

They also seem to forget that in 2011 Texas introduced a bill to ban Sharia to settle disputes. It passed in 2012, but it was challenged and disputed along with Oklahoma’s ban on the implementation of foreign law, which passed with a similar 70% vote. It seems a pair of federal judges found the bans “unconstitutional” because they decided it “infringed on the First Amendment,” despite this being a theocratic foreign law body in the United States, which is itself unconstitutional. It passed again in a 2013 Texas Senate committee by a narrow 5-4 margin and is up for vote in the Texas legislature again this year.

Helping to fuel the bill to go forward again is the Islamic Tribunal’s own admission that you can’t separate Sharia Criminal Law from Sharia Civil Law. If the U.S. or Texas Constitutions goes against Sharia Law, “judge” Dr. Taher El-bawadi of the tribunal confessed to Breitbart Texas,“We follow Sharia law.”

They also willfully admitted to having separate laws for men and women against the U.S. Constitution’s Amendments.
It is not yet known if this Mosque masquerading as a court room and the four “lawyers” will be brought up on criminal charges by the District Attorney’s office for this charade.

Much like the 3500+ patriots that showed up to protest their attempt at banning free speech at the “Stand with the Prophet Rally,” which was held just a few miles away from where they tried to enact this farce, these Imams are learning the hard way why the state slogan is “Don’t mess with Texas.”

http://madworldnews.com/sharia-court-texas-mayor/