Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Support_an ... dy_Sheehan

Support
    Since beginning her vigil, a number of organizations and individuals have expressed and provided support to Sheehan. One of these is the national organization Veterans for Peace, at whose convention Sheehan spoke just prior to beginning her vigil in Crawford. Members of the organization have also assisted at the "Camp Casey" site, installing and maintaining the Arlington West display there.

In conjunction with her protest of August of 2005, Sheehan received a flurry of support from several liberal media outlets, including MoveOn.org and the Editorial page of The New York Times in an article by Maureen Dowd, as well as publicity from her own blog.

On the week of August 8, 2005 several other groups were reported to be traveling to Texas to join the protest. Sherry Bohlen, field director of the Progressive Democrats of America (PDA), was one person traveling to Crawford, and says this of the protest:

"We'll be sleeping in a tent in the ditch along the roadside (the only place that the authorities will allow us to be). I spoke with Cindy by phone again yesterday. She said that local authorities have told her that if we're still there by Thursday we'll be arrested as "national security risks"... She could well be the Rosa Parks of the movement against the Iraq War. Just as Rosa refused to leave the bus, Cindy is refusing to leave the roadside. She's the spark that is igniting the anti-war movement."

The website MoveOn.org announced on August 10, 2005 that it was gathering comments via email to place in a two-page newspaper spread in a Sunday edition of the Waco Tribune newspaper in support of Sheehan and her efforts. MoveOn gathered more than 250,000 comments, many of which were included in the advertisement.[1] Tom Matzzie of MoveOn said:

"In her grief and bravery, Cindy has become a symbol for millions of Americans who demand better answers about the Iraq War. Though right-wing pundits have attacked her personally, her honesty is unimpeachable. Now more and more mothers (and fathers, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands, sons and daughters) are standing up with Cindy. Please join us, and together, we'll make sure that President Bush can't escape the reality of this war—even in Crawford, Texas."
    On August 9, 2005, Sheehan began writing a blog concerning (among other things) her experience at Camp Casey, her thoughts on the Iraq War, and her response to criticism of her. It has been featured on several websites, including The Huffington Post, Daily Kos, and Michael Moore.com.
    On August 10, 2005, Maureen Dowd of the New York Times wrote that "the moral authority of parents who bury children killed in Iraq is absolute." That comment--in support of Sheehan--has been used by conservatives to criticize the logic of both Dowd and Sheehan.

Supporters say that the Crawford protest highlights the claim that the Bush administration believes in selective violence and the claim that the President fails to take responsibility for the deaths of those he commands. [2]

Sheehan's sister DeDe Miller, of Bellflower, California, has spoken publicly in support of Sheehan and protested with her in Crawford, Texas.[3][4]

She has spoken at the laissez-faire Ludwig von Mises Institute, whose founder and president, the free-market capitalist Lew Rockwell, regularly features Sheehan's columns on his website.

She is traveling with Global Exchange and CODEPINK: Women for Peace, so they probably picked up her tab.

Re: how does she get her money

Quote Originally Posted by peanut
    Can somebody tell me who is the source if her funding. Who is paying for all these trips to wasington and cuba? Can anyone tell me who or what organzation is fueling this loser.[/b]
    I believe it's Code Pink (another group we could definitely do without):

http://www.codepink4peace.org/index.php

I don't know why anyone gives this lunatic woman any press except to show how ridiculous she is. They should just let her fade into the shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    I think a nice middle eastern tour would do Cindy some good. Yes, I am sure they have a nice bridge to dangle her body from. And personally, she would probably look better without that ugly head anyway. At least she would not be able to spew ignorance.
    Careful there Neese, you are starting to sound an awful lot like me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MountainDog, it is nice to know that I am in good company.

Maybe they should release these terrorist into Sheehan's custody for a couple of hours.

Reckon what Casey would think about his ole mom ranting and raving for the release of some of the same kind of people who killed him?

This woman I guess, has every right to do what she is doing according to our constitution, that said, I cannot tell you how I loathe her for what she is doing, this is a case of our 1st amendment rights running amock!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Let us hope she applies for Cuban citizenship while there and stays.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let us hope she applies for Cuban citizenship while there and stays.
    I think she prefers Venezuela...

[b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

well, any 3rd world or communist country should be just right for her.

Whoah! I just gagged when I saw that picture. Cindy Sheehan can take her hyperextended thumb and...well, you get the picture. Is it just me, or does Hugo Chavez look like a cartoon?

Who funds this woman?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast