Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A shocking report: Inside the Ron Paul conspiracy

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used to, or used as a discredit of any candidate mentioned herewith.
    (plagiarized from GREGAGREATAMERICAN)

A shocking report: Inside the Ron Paul conspiracy

Maybe you've heard rumors about an explosive newspaper expose on a major political figure that would rock the political world just as the presidential voting is about to begin.

We haven't either.

But we do know that today is when this newspaper blows the top off of the Ron Paul Conspiracy, that vast unorganized protest movement that has silently become one of the more interesting political phenomena of the current election season.

A Times reporter -- we'll call him James Rainey to protect his identity -- has managed to penetrate the Paul presidium.

In his story he recounts for the very first time the shockingly ordinary details of a movement of thousands of disparate, dissatisfied people, some of whom want an end to the Iraq war, an end to gun controls and the IRS, an end to laws banning marijuana and a return to the gold standard, whatever that means.

These Paulites believe the government has been hijacked by a bevy of big interests that threaten the freedoms of ordinary Americans. They're not going to take it anymore. Locally, they're even organizing a re-enactment of a brazenly defiant act, the BostonTea Party, except it'll be in Santa Monica and won't involve tea or white people dressed as Indians. And the protestors promise not to leave anything foreign floating in the water.

These committed partisans, bonded by their suspicion of authority and venal influences like the mainstream media that ignored them until they did something, have united behind a 72-year-old...

Air Force vet and ob-gyn from Texas who has managed to win 10 elections to the House of Representatives as a Republican with two first names and strongly libertarian leanings.

This man believes that U.S. sovereignity is threatened by many things, especially including consistently ignoring the Constitution and by a planned mystery superhighway that would unite with a ribbon of inexorable cement all three North American countries--Mexico, the United States and that other larger one on top that can only afford to have three downs in its football games.

Apparently he's not talking about I-15, which already does that.

"Rainey's" account describes how this man's followers appear to be ordinary citizens with jobs and family by day. But at night they gather openly in chat rooms and living rooms to plot how to promote a tiny unassuming man whom they call reverently Dr. Paul. With little central direction but tons of commitment, idealism and passion, Dr. Paul's followers do everything they can think of to mobilize voter support.

They patrol the internet day and night seeking Paul slights to right. They stand on windy interstate bridges holding inflammatory signs saying: RonPaul2008.com.

Even as you sleep at night some of the 1,200 Paul meet-up groups are handwriting letters to all 700,000 independent Iowa voters urging them to consider their long-shot leader. A couple of weeks ago Paulites raised $4.2 million on the internet in one day, a near-record, and a sum they intend to more than double on Dec. 16, the anniversary of that rebellious tea party. How's that for insignificance?

As one result, the ultra-lean Paul organization has been able to buy advertising in New Hampshire and to pump its poll numbers up near double-digits in some places. Rainey's story describes the commitment of one Ron Paul meet-up group in Southern California and the regular folks who drive it with their political beliefs and energies.

Few professionals -- well, to tell the truth, no one -- actually gives Paul any chance of winning the Republican nomination. But then up until Yorktown back in the 1700s, all the smart Vegas money was on the British.

--Andrew Malcolm

November 30, 2007 in Campaigning, Fundraising, Gimmicks, House of Representatives, Humor, Media, Money, Presidential Campaign, Republican Politics, Ron Paul | Permalink

TrackBack
    TrackBack URL for this entry:
    http://www.typepad.com/t/trackback/816965/23841430

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A shocking report: Inside the Ron Paul conspiracy:

Comments
    OMG! The cat is finally being let out of the bag! Yikes...If you let everyone know that we are mostly normal people with a sense of concern for the direction of the nation... the rest of the media won't have much else to talk about!

Posted by: HavNfun | November 30, 2007 at 09:00 PM

Excellent! Thank you, Andrew. I think there's really something quite large and special happening here that we haven't seen for quite some time. I'm going to enjoy watching it unfold.

Oh yeah...and don't forget to vote for Ron Paul in '08!

Posted by: Steve | November 30, 2007 at 09:02 PM

This is rich! Pretty funny stuff. Seriously though, Dr. Paul is making waves--and his entire campaign platform consists of following our Constitution. Imagine!

I am an unassuming Naval officer by day, fervent Ron Paul supporter by night. This same "plotters" (should I say we?) have now independently raised over 350,000 to buy an airship for Dr. Paul which will launch Dec. 10th. The first presidential airship in history! www.ronpaulblimp.com

Posted by: JP | November 30, 2007 at 09:04 PM

Andrew Malcolm...writing a PRO-Ron Paul piece? A piece that says Paul's supporters have "commitment, idealism, and passion"? Are you coming around all of the sudden?

Posted by: John Shutt | November 30, 2007 at 09:05 PM

I like these hit pieces attempting to belittle the Paul campaign and his supporters. However, to use Rudy Giuliani's favorite three words, "The reality is..." we might get the last laugh. Paul dominates all the online polls, the straw polls, fundraising from individual donors, fundraising from active duty military officers, interests among previously inactive eligible voters, and so on.

For anyone interested in a realistic ranking of the Republican contenders...

http://truthalert.net/Republican%20Pres ... nkings.htm

This website has a good synopsis of Paul and his chances...

www.thecaseforronpaul.com

Posted by: Mike | November 30, 2007 at 09:06 PM

For more comments see website (tons more)

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... consp.html

LOL, this sounds like the ones saving us from kerry . That got us bush .

I can still see the faces on us waving our flags sending off our young men and women .

Now all of a sudden we go from warlord to self loathing peacenik who just happens to be praised by the ones who bombed us, that is unless you think bush did it all by himself . Or we deserved it or ask for it because of our foriegn policy .

Put Ron paul in and I personally think muslims will be ruling us in less than a decade . After Israel is surrouned and wiped off the map first of course .

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    LOL, this sounds like the ones saving us from kerry . That got us bush .

I can still see the faces on us waving our flags sending off our young men and women .

Now all of a sudden we go from warlord to self loathing peacenik who just happens to be praised by the ones who bombed us, that is unless you think bush did it all by himself . Or we deserved it or ask for it because of our foriegn policy .

Put Ron paul in and I personally think muslims will be ruling us in less than a decade . After Israel is surrouned and wiped off the map first of course .
    Didn't I call this in another thread

I would love to post more, but I gotta run and bar my doors and windows from the islamofascistnazirapistmurders that seem to be plaguing our countryside. The MSM has done its job and I truly, in my heard, believe that we will taken over by less than 1% of population within ten years. The MSM convinced me, because I know they are unbiased and hold no agenda, that the islamofascistnazi...oh you get it, are my SWORN enemy and we must bomb them!!!!!!

YEAH BABY!

Great Piece!

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY

. After Israel is surrouned and wiped off the map first of course .
    WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AMERICA.
    IF AMERICA IS DUMPED WHO CARES FOR ISRAEL ?
    ARE YOU FROM THE ANTI DEFAMATION LEAGUE?

Banned
    Darlene
    Plagiarize away my friend and have fun doing it. Thanks for the credit... This is a good piece to read and bring out the best and worst in the good Docs supporters as you see it already has.

But any way
    Im just not sure that those Americans that want an end to the Iraq war, and the IRS, and an end to laws banning marijuana and a return to the gold standard, whatever that means, should be alowed to have Guns.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Darlene
    Plagiarize away my friend and have fun doing it. Thanks for the credit... This is a good piece to read and bring out the best and worst in the good Docs supporters as you see it already has.

But any way
    Im just not sure that those Americans that want an end to the Iraq war, and the IRS, and an end to laws banning marijuana and a return to the gold standard, whatever that means, should be alowed to have Guns.
    Too late Greg, I've already GOT guns...

These Paulites believe the government has been hijacked by a bevy of big interests that threaten the freedoms of ordinary Americans...In his story he recounts for the very first time the shockingly ordinary details of a movement of thousands of disparate, dissatisfied people, some of whom want an end to the Iraq war, an end to gun controls and the IRS, an end to laws banning marijuana and a return to the gold standard, whatever that means.
    Well, at least the author is right about that. Ron Paul is for getting the nose of the government out of the citizen's life which would mean less control over all of us. He is for abiding by the Constitution with every stroke of the pen, something that our past leaders have strayed from. I can easily see why some might view Ron Paul as a revolution, but to say he's a conspiracy shows that he is a threat to those who would seek to undermine our freedom and our sovereignty.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got mine too