Shopkeeper Shoots And Kills Man Attempting To Rob His Store

Posted on 15 December, 2013 by clyde

via The Independent Journal Review

A parolee attempted to rob a store armed with a handgun, but was stopped literally dead in his tracks when the shop-owner took out his own gun to defend himself and his store.
Demarcus Brandon had been convicted of an armed robbery attempt in 2007, where he shot at an officer. He was sentenced to 13 years in prison, but served less than half his sentence when he was paroled in July.
But that’s not all! Demarcus had only been out of prison for five months, but he was also suspected in another shooting of an officer in November.
Now, if this were a city in the South, or good’ol “fly-over” country, the mayor might have slapped the store-owner on the back and maybe gave him a commendation for taking a scumbag off the streets. Unfortunately, this is a suburb of Chicago. So you might not be surprised that his solution to bad guys shooting cops and citizens was to take away the citizens’ guns, of course!
“While I’m grateful that this nightmare has come to an end, I’m equally outraged concerning our gun laws that allowed this coward to walk the streets early,” Mayor Eric J. Kellogg said in the statement.
“Something must be done. Our residents our unsafe as well as our hard working policemen. I join Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel in calling upon the state legislature to work harder in strengthening the current gun laws,” Kellogg said.
Demarcus was a dangerous criminal with a string of crimes – rather than try to disarm the guy who shot him and every other Illinois citizen, they should be focused on why he was paroled early.
But that would take some honesty and political courage, which is very short in Chicago.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/12/1...ing-rob-store/