Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Should Kids Be Allowed to Wear Their Sikh Daggers to School?

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/s ... n-1486051/

[quote]Being a school kid today can be so confusing.

Between the random drug testing of athletes, locker checks for contraband, strict rules about appropriate touching and the reach by some school districts into the online home lives of their charges, it’s a wonder students don’t feel like they’re in an episode of “Scared Straight.â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Well... I suppose Jews will want to wear a circumcising scalpel then...
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At this time I'm creating a new religion based off the founding idea with scientology.

I'll be opening the "Center for Fully Automatic Weapon Worship" The founding tenants will be based on worshiping the rate of fire. It shall be our duty at all times to carry no less then 3 fully automatic weapons 1 being a rifle, one being a fully functional AK-47, and the 3rd personal choice.

And my right shall be protected by.... right of religion??!

Seriously WTF are these nutcases thinking. We really need to stop these religious abuses. One has the right to exercise and practice their own religion in the safety of their own home and hold their own religious beliefs. As long as it does NOT infringe on someone else's base rights which yes... carrying weapons and such like Sharia law as well would infringe on others.

The dull-edged 3-5 inch Kirpan represents a commitment to fight evil and is worn after Sikh males are baptized, at which point they’re expected to carry it with them at all times.
    According to this article the knife is symbolic, evidenced by the fact that it is dull edged. So because it is only symbolic, there is no reason for it to have an edge at all. In fact it could even be plastic. But I would say this should not be allowed. Religious articles do not have to be allowed in schools. They are living in our country now, so they must balanced their religious rules with our legal system and school rules. Carrying a knife or even a plastic copy of a knife is just not conducive to the school environment. It advocates weapons and I don't think this is a good example for school children. If they want to go to a school where they can carry a knife, then they should return to their country where it is allowed. Freedom of religion, just like freedom of speech has limitations when it encroaches on the rights and freedoms of others.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

True, it has only dull edges. But it is a DAGGER...which means it is used for stabbing and thrusting......knives are usually single-edged and intended mostly for cutting. Acording to the article the blade is 3 to 5 inches.

Our laws say you are allowed to carry a 6 inch knife and that includes the handle.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I AGREE WITH THIS COMMENT posted at the link.

NO NO AND HELL NO! After one girl gets suspended for having a pair of nail clippers

Another girl gets suspended for having a PLASTIC knife to cut her sandwich at lunch

Schools have stopped letting students have sharpened pencils

Two boys were suspended for bring CANDY CANES because they could "possibly use their mouth to sharpen them to use as weapons

And another boy is suspended for bringing a 2 inch long SOLID PLASTIC gun

Now they're saying that a small segment of students should be allowed to carry DAGGERS which ARE deadly weapons?

What the hell are they putting in the frikkin water to make people's brains dissolve this badly?
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€