Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Six Million in the US With no Income but Food Stamps

Six Million in the US With no Income but Food Stamps

by Jerry White
    WSWS.org
    2010-01-07

Some six million Americans—one in 50 people in the US—are living on no income other than $100 or $200 a month in food stamps, according to an analysis of state data by the New York Times. The number of people who reported that they are unemployed and receive no cash aid—neither welfare, nor unemployment insurance, pension benefits, child support or disability pay—the newspaper reported, has jumped by 50 percent over the last two years, as the recession has taken hold.

According to the January 3 article, the number of people reporting no income tripled in Nevada over the past two years, doubled in Florida and New York, and increased nearly 90 percent in Minnesota and Utah. In Wayne County, Michigan—which includes Detroit, where half the population is unemployed or underemployed—one out of every 25 residents reports an income of only food stamps. In Yakima County, Washington, the figure is one out of every 17.

The figures reveal the vast scale of human suffering in the US as the new decade begins and puts the lie to talk of an economic “recovery.â€

I wonder hoe many are illegal immigrants who get food stamps due to an Anchor

SIX MILLION

This is getting crazier and crazier.
    I also heard that 60 million Americans do not pay income taxes. The Federal government has created an entire group of people who do not care if taxes go up. These mostly lower income groups are the same ones who use all available social services.
    How long do you think the Americans that still work can support these 60 million. Not to mention the additional 20 million coming with Immigration Reform, aka AMNESTY.
    I guess if I got all the freebies, i would vote Demoncratic too.

Yes judyweller, the anchor babies allow large numbers of illegal aliens to receive food stamps and other free benefits. Larger numbers of anchor babies = free this, free that.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)