Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Small-business owners blast Obama on taxes

Small manufacturers cry uncle

By VICTORIA MCGRANE
    3/11/09 10:06 AM EDT

Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas) blasted Obama’s plan, contained in his budget proposal, to allow Bush tax breaks for the top two income brackets to expire in 2011. Photo: John Shinkle

Stew McMillan, president of Task Force Tips, a 200-employee manufacturer of fire hose nozzles based in Valparaiso, Ind., said there’s a grim new joke going around.

“How many more things can the people who make over $250,000 pay for?â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know it's going to crunch people here. I buy my cigarettes at a little tobacco shop. They sure aren't getting rich off this but enough to keep themselves going. They always warn me when the prices are going up. I went in a few days ago and they jumped by 7 bucks a carton because of additional cost from the tobacco company and then in April it's going up another 10 bucks for the SCHIP program. They are considering closing because it won't be worth it. I'd hate to think how many small places will close with this pressure.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He and other small-business owners, along with their advocates in Washington, are coming out swinging against President Barack Obama’s plan to let income tax rates for America’s wealthiest rise in 2011, saying it is an ill-timed attack on small businesses that will stymie job growth.
    I have been waiting for more of this! Bankruptu Obama has made it so there is NO incentive for Small Business owners. Why make money to be taxed for people who think Obama owes them a home, or a tank of gas??? As they reduce their work force to stay under $250K, where does that leave the work force? MORE people unemployed.

I've been watching Michelle Malkin's columns about "Going Galt", and I've just been nodding my head. I think Atlas has shrugged...
    http://michellemalkin.com/2009/03/10/go ... continued/

I have seen some business here with signs saying "cash only". Cash income can be hidden to beat income taxes.

CRAZYBIRD, IF YOU READ THIS, BUY YOUR CIGARETTES FROM CHINA.

States need to tell the Feds to go away.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyCountry
    I agree... the Federal Government is worthless .. it has become way to corrupt in it's current form and states need to affirm more control.

I think the answer is to pay LESS Federal Taxes and a higher state tax. There is too much Fraud / Waste and abuse of Tax Dollars at the Federal Level

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyCountry
    I agree... the Federal Government is worthless .. it has become way to corrupt in it's current form and states need to affirm more control.

I think the answer is to pay LESS Federal Taxes and a higher state tax. There is too much Fraud / Waste and abuse of Tax Dollars at the Federal Level
    I totally agree with you. In fact I believe this is the answer to allot of our problems.