Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Solar Flares Might Knock Out Cell Phones

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=54299 - FROM JOSEPH FARAH'S G2 BULLETIN

Solar flares might knock out cell phones
    Activity building to crescendo some scientists say could be cataclysmic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: February 17, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: The following report is excerpted from Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, the premium, online intelligence newsletter published by the founder of WND. Annual subscriptions are $99 and include a free copy of Farah's latest book, "Taking America Back." Monthly trial subscriptions are just $9.95 for credit card users.

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Solar flares
    Solar flare activity is expected to build for the next three years to a crescendo that some scientists say could be cataclysmic, causing a telecommunication blackout that would down mobile phones and navigational systems.

"The solar flares are expected to be at its maximum intensity by the year 2010," Markus Aschwanden, a solar physicist at the Solar and Astrophysics Laboratory, Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center, told the Hindu News. "These solar flares and Coronoal Mass Ejections from the sun have the ability to travel all the way to the earth and create a black-out of cellular phone services and navigational systems like the GPS.

Solar flares and CMEs occur when magnetic energy built up in the Sun's atmosphere is suddenly released. The flares carrying high amount of energy, travel at high speeds and reach the Earth in a matter of hours.

(Story continues below)

"If a solar flare or a CME collides with the Earth, it can cause a geomagnetic storm," Aschwanden said, adding large geomagnetic storms have caused electrical power outages and damaged communication satellites. "A few years back, these solar flares destroyed the satellite Galaxy 4."

That outage in 1998 resulted in widespread loss of pager service and numerous other communication problems.

For more details, see the complete report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay, back to the stone age with us all. We will have to use the poney express or a blanket and a good campfire!

We'll be fine. Humans lived for 1000's of years without cell phones, just a little inconvenient.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't want anything bad to happen, but I would not mind a little less technology, myself. I am tired of people sitting with each other, not talking to each other, but on their cell phones talking to other people. A good thing has gone bad!

Big problem for am broadcasts and ham radio too.

W

Banned
    Well its not as bad as the 2000 scare at least they have a little time to work on the problems

What bothers me is that everytime I turn around I hear the year 2010!

I feel like this is they year that all total hell is going to break loose!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Banned
    Well, if the breakaway group of astrophysicists from NASA are right, the reason for all this stuff is that we are moving into a region of space that is dense in debris and comets. According to the capacitance model of the solr system that these guys champion, comet tails and dense debris clouds act as shunts for the EM potential of the sun, causing massive discharges called CMEs (coronal mass ejections). In addition to the problems related to the CME's, we will also face the potential for large numbers of bolides. It could be rough indeed. Also, don't forget that the Mayan calendar, which supposedly begins and ends its cycle with civilization-ending cataclysms, runs out Dec. 21, 2012.

Thanks for the information Crocket, you always have something interesting to say.

I guess there is no use in worrying about it, if there is nothing we can do. It seems like our society is so bizarre and so corrupt now-a-days, would it even matter? I am sure that we will get what we deserve.