Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some Dallas residents say their flags were burned

The Associated Press
    Posted: 06/30/2009 09:54:12 PM MDT

DALLAS—Days before the Fourth of July, some residents of a North Dallas neighborhood have told police American flags hanging outside their homes were burned.
    Seventy-year-old Ed Jordan, who served in the Marines and the Marine Corp Reserves, discovered scorched pieces of the American flag and the U.S. Marine Corps flag Monday that had been hanging outside his townhome.

He said he saw charred residue around his home and realized "they had set the flags on fire."

Jordan said he was in shock wondering why "someone would do this" and plans to replace his flags.

No arrests have been reported.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/texas/ci_12728236
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Some Dallas residents say their flags were burned

Quote Originally Posted by jean

The Associated Press
    Posted: 06/30/2009 09:54:12 PM MDT

DALLAS—Days before the Fourth of July, some residents of a North Dallas neighborhood have told police American flags hanging outside their homes were burned.
    Seventy-year-old Ed Jordan, who served in the Marines and the Marine Corp Reserves, discovered scorched pieces of the American flag and the U.S. Marine Corps flag Monday that had been hanging outside his townhome.

He said he saw charred residue around his home and realized "they had set the flags on fire."

Jordan said he was in shock wondering why "someone would do this" and plans to replace his flags.

No arrests have been reported.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/texas/ci_12728236

This does not surprise me one bit
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

American flags found burnt in Dallas neighborhood
    10:30 PM CDT on Tuesday, June 30, 2009
    By BRAD WATSON / WFAA-TV
    WFAA-TV

With July 4th coming up this weekend, American flags can be seen on homes across North Texas. But, in one North Dallas neighborhood near Spring Valley and Preston Roads, someone is burning flags.

Ed Jordan said he put out his American flag over the weekend. On Monday, he said he didn't see it on display and immediately knew something was wrong.

"It was just kind of shocking to find that someone would have the audacity to come up on to private property and set a flag on fire," he said. "It was just like, 'No, this can't be happening.'â€

American Flags Burned In Dallas Neighborhood
    Reporting
    J.D. Miles
    DALLAS (CBS 11 News) ―

Somebody is stirring up anger among patriotic North Texans, on the week that Americans celebrate their independence. A flag burning spree in a Dallas neighborhood near Preston Road and Spring Valley Road has homeowners upset and police conducting an investigation.

There are charred flag poles in front of two townhomes in the neighborhood. Ed Jordan is a 70-year-old resident and former marine. He just raised his flag two days ago in honor of Independence Day. But, he came home on Monday to find the flag burned to ashes.

Jordan said that he has always flown his flags before patriotic holidays. "I think the least we can do, when we've got people overseas defending our country, is to support them and give them all the backing we can," Jordan said.

The charred remains of the American independence symbol left Jordan both disturbed and disappointed. "I thought somebody stole my two flags," he said. "Soon as I looked at it and touched it, I could tell it had been burning."

Another flag was burned just a few houses away, while some were left alone. Jordan initially believed that the person who did this was trying to make a political statement. But now, he thinks it was probably just neighborhood vandals.

"I feel sorry for them more than anything," Jordan said, "and that's the part that bothers me the most, is that they would do that."

Whoever is repsonsible did not leave behind any kind of evidence for police to use as clues. Victims are now spreading the word to their neighbors, and asking if anyone saw something suspicious on Monday morning.

Meanwhile, police are investigating the case as criminal mischief. But Jordan believes that burning a U.S. flag is more serious, and should be illegal. "Anytime you destroy property, especially patriotic property, it's just a reprehensible act."

http://cbs11tv.com/local/American.Flags ... 66525.html

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Vandal ... Flags.html
    WITH VIDEO

Vandals Torch U.S. Flags

By ELLEN GOLDBERG

Updated 11:22 PM CDT, Tue, Jun 30, 2009

Dallas police are investigating two cases of flag-burning as arson.

Just as many North Texans are flying U.S. flags in anticipation of the Fourth of July, vandals are torching them in a far North Dallas neighborhood.

A far North Dallas man says all that remains of his flags is a pile of charred fabric.

A pile of charred fabric is all that remains of the two flags that once flew outside Ed Jordan's house in a quaint cul-de-sac off Spring Valley and Preston roads.

"I think this border might have been the American flag," Jordan said as he sifted through the scorched remains.

On Friday, he hung a flag honoring his country and a flag honoring the Marine Corps he once served in. But he came home Monday to find a bare flagpole and singed shrubs, he said.

"It takes a pretty low-minded person to do something like that," Jordan said.

Vandals also burned the flag of a neighbor.
    Dallas police are investigating both cases as arson.

Jordan, who has flown flags for 12 years, said he has never had a problem until now. He said he wasn't sure if the burnings were a prank or someone trying to make a political statement.

"I really would have given them the flags if that’s what they wanted, but I don’t think that’s what they wanted," he said. "They wanted to destroy."

But Jordan said the vandals have not destroyed his patriotic spirit.

"I’m not angry," he said. "I’m going to get other flags and put them out there again."