Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Speaking of Dr Paul...

Check out this video. Its like a timewarp. Ron Paul was saying the same things 27 years ago. I wonder what Romney, Giuliani, and Huckabee were saying back then?? Hell, I wonder what they will be saying next week!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7l1zRrEIFtA

That was a good one.

He is rock solid on the issues. He has a way of dealing with them through good honest basic fundamentals.

I read his book. It was many of his speeches over the years condensed into book form.

http://www.amazon.com/Foreign-Policy-Fr ... 0912453001

Great but sort of tedious as he lectures Congress over and over like a parent might need to do.

This is a good Ron Paul video. Touches on immigration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg

Joe on Morning Joe MSNBC the other morning said Paul is one of those that no one will sit with at lunch. Joe said it was the same way with him. If the other Congressmen don't like your honesty, they will isolate you from the rest.

Joe also said at the same time he knows someone that is another first time voter that will be voting for Ron Paul, and that is his son, Joey Scarborough.

Last night Tancredo said you can never question Paul's honesty.

Paul FTW, please don't give us another Council of Foreign Relations dictator.

We have one more chance to save this nation (maybe, I'm not sure if we have that !!)

The first thing Paul said he would do is cut off all incentives for illegals to come here or stay here....

He will immediately take away free medical care, food stamps, free college tuition, welfare, social security. That he says will induce them to return to their country of origin. And Paul being such a fiscal conservative, much like Reagan, I have no doubt he will accomplish this within the first 60 days of his administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    The first thing Paul said he would do is cut off all incentives for illegals to come here or stay here....

He will immediately take away free medical care, food stamps, free college tuition, welfare, social security. That he says will induce them to return to their country of origin. And Paul being such a fiscal conservative, much like Reagan, I have no doubt he will accomplish this within the first 60 days of his administration.
    This is not as easy as it sounds. Even the President doesn't have the power to do all those things on his/her own. He/she needs congress' and the supreme court's support.

Look how Bush failed at granting amnesty. Even the most ardent anti-illegal immigration President is going to have an uphill battle fighting illegal immigration.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Actually, I don't think a President would have that hard a time at all.

This is from a site about food stamps - this sounds like illegals are not eligible for food stamps. I haven't looked up any other, but it is possible they are not eligible for most of the other.

If that's true, then simply tell them to enforce the laws already on the books.

{{{Anyone can apply for food stamps. To get food stamps, you and the other people in your household must meet certain conditions. Everyone who is applying in your household must have or apply for a Social Security number and be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or have status as a qualified alien. The following qualified aliens are eligible for food stamps without a waiting period:

Legal immigrant children under age 18;
    Blind or disabled legal immigrants who receive disability assistance or benefits;
    People who legally resided in the U.S. on August 22, 1996, and were age 65 or older on August 22, 1996;
    Lawful permanent residents who are active duty members or veterans of the U.S. armed forces or a spouse or a child of a veteran or active duty service member;
    Refugees admitted under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA);
    Asylees under section 208 of the INA;
    Deportees or removal withheld under section 234(h) or 241(b)(3) of the INA;
    Cuban or Haitian entrants under section 501(e) of the Refugee Education Assistance Act of 1980;
    Amerasian immigrants under section 584 of the Foreign Operations, Export Financing and Related Programs Appropriations Act of 1988.
    The following legal aliens are eligible without a waiting period even if they are not qualified aliens:

Hmong or Highland Laotian tribal members (including their spouses and children) who helped the U.S. military during the Vietnam era;
    American Indians born in Canada;
    Members of Indian tribes under section 450b(e) of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act.
    The following qualified aliens are eligible if they have lived in the U.S. for five years in qualified status:
    Lawful permanent residents (they may be eligible sooner than five years if they have 40 work credits);
    Parolees (paroled for at least one year under section 212(d)(5) of INA);
    Conditional entrants under 203(a)(7) of INA in effect prior to April 1, 1980;
    A battered spouse, battered child or parent or child of a battered person with a petition pending under 204(a)(1)(A) or (B) or 244(a)(3) of INA.[/b]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)