Special Investigator Robert Mueller May Have Ignored Hollywood Sexual Abuse Allegations

Robert Mueller, the former FBI Director and special investigator looking into the Trump-Russia probe today faces new allegations that he covered up rampant sexual abuse in Hollywood. The Hollywood Reporter published a damning exposé on famed director Bryan Singer in 2014 that seems to show negligence on the part of Mueller. With the latest allegations against producer Harvey Weinstein dominating the news, many have wondered why it took so long for a this history of abuse to reach the news now. Today, we may have an answer.

In the 1990’s Hollywood was filled with debauchery and scandal. The Digital Entertainment Network was a multimedia company founded by Marc Collins-Rector that investors hoped would revolutionize cinema and the Internet. Early investors included director Bryan Singer, TV executive Garth Ancier, producer Gary Goddard, and former Disney executive David Neuman. In 2014 a man named Michael Egan III filed civil suits against each of those men alleging he was drugged and sexually assaulted at various parties when he was 15:
“What is undeniable is the stench that arose from the long-ago parties in Encino. In suits filed against Collins-Rector, Shackley and Pierce in 2000, Egan and several other young men alleged they were ‘sexually and physically abused,’ “forced … through coercion or subversion to consume controlled substances and/or prescription drugs’ and ‘threatened with physical injury and economic harm.’ They cited a list of drugs allegedly pushed on them, including ‘Valium, Vicodin, Xanax, Percocet, marijuana, hashish, Ecstasy and Rufinol’ — the date-rape drug.”
The entire story is complex, disturbing, but worth a read. These deranged individuals were allowed to go for decades without being punished. Some ended up getting prosecuted but there was always a question as to why the FBI never followed up on an influx of allegations. That’s where Robert Mueller, who was serving as FBI Director, comes into play:
“What seems remarkable, in retrospect, is that all of the charges against Pierce’s former partner, Collins-Rector, were filed by federal authorities; despite many allegations regarding activities at the Encino house, officials in L.A. never pursued criminal charges against Collins-Rector or his associates. Egan’s mother, Bonnie Mound, alleged during an April 21 news conference that her attempts to report her son’s abuse to the FBI had fallen on deaf ears. In fact, a 2003 affidavit filed by Special Agent Joseph Brine and obtained by TMZ stated that Egan had brought allegations against Collins-Rector to Brine’s attention.

“During the April 21 news conference, Egan’s sobbing mother called out several FBI officials by name: ‘I’d like to say to Special Agent Joseph Brine: You came to our house once. You interviewed Mike once. You called me a couple times after. I continued to call you. I continued to write certified, return-receipt letters to you. Everything went silent. What did you do then, Mr. Brine? I’d also like to say to Mr. J. Stephen Tidwell, FBI Los Angeles: Why’d you ignore my certified, return-receipt letters? Mr. David Johnson, FBI, J. Edgar Hoover Building, Washington, D.C.: Why did you ignore my certified, return-receipt letters? And Mr. Robert Mueller III, Director of FBI, J. Edgar Hoover Building, Washington, D.C.: Why did you ignore my certified, return-receipt letters?’
“In response to an inquiry from THR, the FBI said it ‘takes seriously allegations involving the sexual abuse of minors. The suggestion that the FBI ignored evidence concerning the sexual victimization of a minor is completely without merit.’ The Los Angeles Police Department said the FBI was the lead agency investigating in 2000 but declined further comment.”
So why wasn’t the FBI more involved in what seemed to be a widespread epidemic of sexual abuse in Hollywood? After all these years the depravity of Hollywood is finally being exposed. Ironically, Robert Mueller finds himself in the headlines as well for other reasons. One has to wonder what happened at the FBI during these years. And perhaps, Mueller himself should shed light on the situation.

https://www.dcstatesman.com/special-...ampaign=n11617