Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You got me! They do have 4 legs.....ok, I don't like 'gators either...maybe I should have said no more than 5 legs!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Not a spider story but it brought back memories of Northern Va. before we moved. I went downstairs to start the coffee and I see a snake head poking out of from underneath the bathroom door which was pulled shut I thought my son was a trick and told hubby before he came downstairs. He promptly announces he threw out all rubber snakes when he was cleaning out the basement At that moment, I saw a 3 - 4 foor black looking snake slither down the foyer. Total panic set in and my husband was worse then a little girl :P He tried to shue it out of the house with no luck and decided to lift the curro cabinet and try to smash him. I dropped the kids off at school 45 minutes later and return home to hear that hubby as identified the snake from the internet. It was a snake that resides in Austrlia and I had to remind him we don't live there The snake was still alive. I called animal control and the nicest man in the world came out and put him in a back to be realeased back into the wild.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe
    Not a spider story but it brought back memories of Northern Va. before we moved. I went downstairs to start the coffee and I see a snake head poking out of from underneath the bathroom door which was pulled shut I thought my son was a trick and told hubby before he came downstairs. He promptly announces he threw out all rubber snakes when he was cleaning out the basement At that moment, I saw a 3 - 4 foor black looking snake slither down the foyer. Total panic set in and my husband was worse then a little girl :P He tried to shue it out of the house with no luck and decided to lift the curro cabinet and try to smash him. I dropped the kids off at school 45 minutes later and return home to hear that hubby as identified the snake from the internet. It was a snake that resides in Austrlia and I had to remind him we don't live there The snake was still alive. I called animal control and the nicest man in the world came out and put him in a back to be realeased back into the wild.
    You guys probably misidentified it. It sounds like a common black racer.

Last summer, one of our female employees came running from the ladies room shrieking. Just as she had started to wash her hands, a snake head popped up from the sink drain. We went in and removed the trap and found a two-foot Texas rat snake nestled in the drain. We have no idea how it got in there, but we released the little fella into the field adjacent to the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Truthfully, I was as horrified by them at one time as you are. But I started to study them when I was around 12 or 13, and found them absolutely fascinating. How thir bodies work for their purposes that they need for hunting and catching prey. It actually helped me overcome my arachnophobia I had when I was younger. It's helpful knowing better that which you detest.
    Haha, I guess know my "enemies"
    He ain't heavy, he's my Brother
    Â*http://www.alsa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    I don't like anything with more than 4 legs!\

We had a pool, had it taken out last year...we couldn't keep the frogs out of it...anyway great big spiders started to hang around it....when hubby leaves for 3 weeks each yr. for the National Guard, I was the one that had to take care of the pool.

One night the frogs got so loud, I took the dogs out, got a flashlight and went out there screaming at the frogs to shut up....I put the light down and there was one of those large spiders.

He started to chase me, and I screamed running back towards the house, and the 2 dogs didn't know what to think about me....but they ran with me.

So, last yr. I told my husband to take out the pool, as I just couldn't keep it clean, millions of frog eggs, each and everyday...no matter how many chemicals we put in....dumb nuts!
    Ha, I would have been running and screaming too! I totally understand about the "more than 4 legs" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerbabe

Last summer, one of our female employees came running from the ladies room shrieking. Just as she had started to wash her hands, a snake head popped up from the sink drain. We went in and removed the trap and found a two-foot Texas rat snake nestled in the drain. We have no idea how it got in there, but we released the little fella into the field adjacent to the building.
    Oh my goodness, oh, crocket, those pics were nasty. Unfortunately I have seen both of those. Not in this house thank God!

Hylander, I wish I could get over my fear. I couldn't even respond to crocket's post earlier, I had to reply on this one so I wouldn't have to look at them. I can't even look in the phone book under pest control because they have spider pics on the pages.

Oh, just to say, GOOD JOB in the DC rally!!!

MW
    Steelerbabe wrote:

It was a snake that resides in Austrlia and I had to remind him we don't live there
    CG wrote:

CG is right, it could have been a Northern Black Racer. If it wasn't the racer it was probably a Black Rat Snake. Both snakes are common in Pennsylvania.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Go to this page and look what a bite from a Brown Recluse spider can do. Warning, this is graphic.

http://www.brown-recluse.com/index.h...FQUQFQodEjB7Vg
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123