Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Stock pick for my friends at Alipac

This comes from my (Motley Fool) blog... on NEOSTEM (stock symbol NBS).... Pitch by: topsecret10 2/12/11 10:33 AM
    I have been watching neostem for quite a while. I have been watching the stock to see If it holds above $1.30,and It seems to be doing just that. Not only will I add this one to my long term picks here for topsecret10,I will be buying this one on Monday 2/14/2011 In my real money portfolio. Stem cells have the potential to revolutionize the way that we treat diseases,and the kicker her Is that they have a 51% stake in a profitable generic pharmaceutical company in China ( Suzhou Erye) which they bought In 2009. On January 11th they bought Progenitor Cell Therapy, LLC who was actually a vendor to the company. I like the way they are building this company for the LONG TERM. At a recent $1.37 per share,and considering that management seems to be well In tune with regard to the future of stem cell therapies,this seems to be a GREAT long term buy for any Investor that does not mind a little risk for what could end up being a huge reward In the future.... TS http://www.neostem.com/

I appreciate the recommendation, but stocks under $10 a share are more than a "little" risky. They typically don't have very many outstanding shares, it's difficult to get fair information about them, no mutual fund will purchase these shares and drive the price higher.

No doubt, you can make some money, but caution should be practiced, for stocks that trade at this level carry a great deal of risk. If you don't believe me, check with Jim Cramer at Mad Money.

The typical Ford, GE, etc carries too much risk.

This is one problem in the US. We should be pushing full steam ahead with stem cell research imo. But then the nuts saying "your eating babies!" and such.

I've thought about investing in some of the stem cell research centers though but as the best ones are over in China makes it a bit more risky imo for an average American.

But then side issue I'm unsure if I really want world diseases and all the other issues cured. Sort of natures way of weeding through naturally time to time. What happens when we have major stem cell development breakthroughs and the average lifespan is raised to 100-110 years old as stem cells could offer limited regeneration.... or more. Kinda scary but ehh hehe.

The amount of risk one takes on, in the market, may be influenced by your age. In my 20s and 30s, I didn't hesitate to buy stock in speculative companies. I'm older now and try to limit my risk. However, I still invest in companies abroad, such as Brazil, (not Russia), India, and China.

To min. my risk, I use mutual funds that invest in a specific country or region, and usually avoid individual stocks. Fidelitie's Canadian, Nordic and Pacific Basin funds have typically done well.

A good index fund is Vanguard's Spartan Total Market.

There are other choices. I'm not claiming to list the "best" funds.

Do your own research and make choices that fit you. It's YOUR money.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    I appreciate the recommendation, but stocks under $10 a share are more than a "little" risky. They typically don't have very many outstanding shares, it's difficult to get fair information about them, no mutual fund will purchase these shares and drive the price higher.

No doubt, you can make some money, but caution should be practiced, for stocks that trade at this level carry a great deal of risk. If you don't believe me, check with Jim Cramer at Mad Money.

The typical Ford, GE, etc carries too much risk.
    There Is a lot of truth to what you say,and I for one definitely understand risk/ REWARD. To make a blanket statement that all stocks under 10 bucks are risky Is not a fair statement to make. My biggest winner (IRIS) went from 12 cents to 22 DOLLARS per share I have been Investing In the markets since 1982 when the Dow was a tad under 800 .... Intel was 2 bucks,and Merck was under 4 dollars per share Apple at one point was 10 bucks per share ..... In this particular equity,I see more reward than risk at these price levels. Sometimes companies are misunderstood,undiscovered and undervalued all at the same time... I think that this Is one of those companies.... TS

"Hey TS will they take a personal check!" You are a true friend to Alipac and I'm gonna try it, hell my 401K is "Put the Money in the bag!"
    Thanks, TS!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "Hey TS will they take a personal check!" You are a true friend to Alipac and I'm gonna try it, hell my 401K is "Put the Money in the bag!"
    Thanks, TS!
    http://caps.fool.com/Ticker/NBS.aspx

"Has it gone public yet?"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You fellows must have made a BUY, the price jumped 7% !

Here's some public info. from Google - Finance:

NeoStem CEO Dr. Robin Smith Interviewed on CorporateProfile.com
    Posted on: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:00:36 EST

Symbols: NBS

NEW YORK, NY, Feb 11, 2011 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) --
    Corporate Profile, LLC announced today that NeoStem, Inc. (NYSE Amex: NBS | PowerRating) CEO, Dr. Robin Smith, was interviewed on CorporateProfile.com.

The video can be viewed at: www.corporateprofile.com.
    NeoStem, Inc. is an international biopharmaceutical company with adult stem cell operations in the U.S., a network of adult stem cell therapeutic providers in China as well as a 51% ownership interest in a profitable Chinese generic pharmaceutical manufacturing company. NeoStem is focused on accelerating the development of proprietary cellular therapies and becoming a single source for collection, storage, manufacturing, therapeutic development and transportation of cells for cell based medicine and regenerative science globally. The Company also has licensed various cellular therapy technologies, including worldwide exclusive licenses to a wound healing technology and to VSEL(TM) Technology which uses very small embryonic-like stem cells, which are adult stem cells that have been shown to have several physical characteristics that are generally found in embryonic stem cells, and a T-cell regulatory technology through the acquisition of Progenitor Cell Therapy, LLC.

For more information, please visit: http://www.neostem.com

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/stoc ... 85767.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "Has it gone public yet?"
    If your talking about Pandora.... no,not yet.... I will keep you Informed on It.... TS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast