Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Street vendors arrested for unsanitary food prep

Street vendors arrested for unsanitary food prep, deputies report
    The Bakersfield Californian | Monday, Jul 21 2008 12:18 PM
    Last Updated: Monday, Jul 21 2008 1:07 PM

Seven people were arrested Saturday in a sweep of street vendors operating without a license and preparing food in an unsanitary way, the Kern County Sheriff’s Department reported.

Deputies, accompanied by county Environmental Services inspectors and immigration officers, found an outdoor kitchen in the rear yard of 1117 Vista St. where food was being prepared for street vendors.

The health inspectors said no one has reported getting sick from eating the food of the vendors, but the inspectors said the way the food was prepared was “a health risk.â€

Breaking Laws, more.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

(Mod edit)
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

There was no refrigeration for unused products which were left on the ground for future use, and food was boiled in galvanized trash cans that can break down and possibly cause metal poisoning, the inspectors reported.
    Nice. Never heard of cooking food in trash cans. Closest I got was girl scout stew in coffee cans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Arrested at the food preparation site were Celia Hoyos Avila, 30, Petra Baez, 23, and Leticia Baez, 29, all on charges of cooking and selling without a license and not having a county health permit, deputies reported.
    I KNEW there were laws about this. Heck if people could sell sandwiches at the corner anytime they wanted, don't you think people would have done that long ago? As far as I know I can't sell vegetables from the garden at the end of my driveway without a permit and all. Inability to do things legally is the problem.....not LAZY Americans.

They squelched any and all of the ability to do something for money without some license, permit, degree, tax, or something. I remember people used to barter and then on the news a while back, bartering is taxable income. That's why you don't have kids shoveling your walk or mowing your lawn anymore. Taxes, law suits for injuries, on down the line. I'm surprised they haven't hit lemonaid stands yet.

Heck, I've been to garage sales here where they have hot-dog machines going, popcorn, drinks for sale, while your making the rounds. Not a bad deal but from everything I knew.....illegal. Except for soda in cans maybe or sealed bottles of water. .....and still not so sure about that. Unless you are a licensed vendor. I remember one place where the guy had his grill going.....hamburgers, hot dogs and brats. The Amish just wanted to put their jelly at a store in Nebraska on consignment....they were told no....not without health inspections and a bunch of other stuff. That's why this idea of stealing your neighbors oranges and selling them threw me for a loop. Since when?

Actually they have targeted kids and cited them for not having a permit which is needed to sell lemonade at their lemonade stand.

Deputies, accompanied by county Environmental Services inspectors and immigration officers
    So why the immigration officers?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

crazybird:

You all are cracking me up....

Didn't Paula Dean do bag lunch? With the son doing the delivering in La.
    Wonder if she had a permit, etc?