Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Student Needs Your Help With Research Project

My sister is involved in a video project at school and I promised I would try and help her out by posting her questions in this forum. I hope you don't mind!

She's writing a ficticious campaign ad that involves everyday Americans taking about how their lives have been personally affected by the economy and the Iraq war. (whether good or bad) She's really stressed because she's got a pretty full schedule and may not have the time to actually go out and speak to people (other than maybe a few immediate family members!)

So to cover all her bases, she thought maybe people could respond to the following questions, and then she would write them into sound bites. Her idea is to do some voice overs while showing images of America and the war.

Here are the 2 Topics:

The Economy

Iraq War/ Foreign Policy

Pretend you are being interviewed by an actual reporter:

1.How do you feel about the current state of our economy, and how has it personally affected your life? Do you find it difficult to make ends meet? Do you believe we are on the verge of an economic collapse? What changes would you like to see take place? Please share you opinions/story.

2.How do you feel about The Iraq war and our foreign policy in general? Did you support the war from the start and then change your mind? Or have you always supported it? Has it personally affected your life in any way? Do you believe that our foreign policy keeps us safe or puts us more at risk? Please share you opinions/story.

If you have the time, we would deeply appreciate anything you have to share. No matter how brief or long. I just thought this would be the perfect forum for these questions, as we have such a diverse crowd of Americans here from all over the country. Thanks in advance!

1.How do you feel about the current state of our economy, and how has it personally affected your life? Do you find it difficult to make ends meet? Do you believe we are on the verge of an economic collapse? What changes would you like to see take place? Please share you opinions/story.

Yes our economy is on the brink of collapse. When you think about how much time you have to work to buy a product (say a large bag of dog food) then you realize that we ARE in a recession now! It is hard enough to pay the bills and to think about sending my kids to college not to mention how they are going to make it financially (SURVIVE) is a real issue! Middle class America is being wiped out! Middle class America is and always has been the backbone of this Country (hmmm, maybe that is why we are being targeted for extinction). How would I change it? Read your constitution!
    I am seriously worried about my children's future (with good reason)!

2.How do you feel about The Iraq war and our foreign policy in general? Did you support the war from the start and then change your mind? Or have you always supported it? Has it personally affected your life in any way? Do you believe that our foreign policy keeps us safe or puts us more at risk? Please share you opinions/story.

Before I started researching things I believed what I was hearing on the main stream media, I supported it. No longer. If this administration is serious about protecting this Country from terrorist then why are our borders wide open?????? Our foreign policy is NOT keeping us safer, it is promoting hatred against the USA. We are not (or are we) the police state for the world! The people in Iraq are feudal and have been that way for thousands of years! We need to start looking after our own!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Thanks ohflyingone. That was great! But we need more responses. Anyone else want to jump in by contributing your thoughts? It doesn't have to be long. Just a few brief sentences. Don't be shy!

Hope you can help. Thanks!

I think the economy is in really bad shape.I have friends who are having a hard time making ends meet.
    I think the economy is on the verge of collapse.
    I'm sorry I am not sure what it will take to make the economy better and I have serious concern for this nations future.

The Iraq war and foreign policy-

I have to agree with the other commenter-we shouldn't be the worlds police.We are more hated now than any time I can remember and I don't think its going to change anytime soon.
    I heard on the news the other day a high ranking official/military say -we aren't fighting wars like the old days where we go in and get the job done as quickly as possible and get our guys home.Today we take longer because we now don't win by eliminating the enemy but by protecting the citizenry of the country we're in.

What kind of foolishness is that?
    I have to agree with Ohflyingone-certain countries are never going to stop fighting amongst themselves.Iraq isn't stepping up to the plate as far as I can tell and I have a feeling it never will.So the future of democracy in that country is questionable when we've been there a few years and still they can't muster up an army or police force for us to pass the baton to.

I hope I helped some.

Head 'em up,move 'em out. Rawhide!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide
    I think the economy is in really bad shape.I have friends who are having a hard time making ends meet.
    I think the economy is on the verge of collapse.
    I'm sorry I am not sure what it will take to make the economy better and I have serious concern for this nations future.

The Iraq war and foreign policy-

I have to agree with the other commenter-we shouldn't be the worlds police.We are more hated now than any time I can remember and I don't think its going to change anytime soon.
    I heard on the news the other day a high ranking official/military say -we aren't fighting wars like the old days where we go in and get the job done as quickly as possible and get our guys home.Today we take longer because we now don't win by eliminating the enemy but by protecting the citizenry of the country we're in.

What kind of foolishness is that?
    I have to agree with Ohflyingone-certain countries are never going to stop fighting amongst themselves.Iraq isn't stepping up to the plate as far as I can tell and I have a feeling it never will.So the future of democracy in that country is questionable when we've been there a few years and still they can't muster up an army or police force for us to pass the baton to.

I hope I helped some.

Head 'em up,move 'em out. Rawhide!
    Yes you did. Much appreciated. Thanks Rawhide!