Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Student records students bullying of him at school and he is arrested –

Student records students bullying of him at school and he is arrested – Where’s the Justice?

April 11, 2014 by Kevin Fobbs

Student arrested after recording bullying of him at school – photo credit – Guardinalv

Bullying is reaching epidemic levels in American schools so it makes perfect sense that school officials would assist a bullied student. But this was not the case in a Pennsylvania high school where a student who was bullied and recorded evidence was threatened by school officials, according to Opposing Views. To make matters much worse the student was then arrested by the police because he used a recording device to provide evidence that students were bullying him. The problem? He did not ask their permission to record them.
    The travesty of justice seems to be an indicator that the rights of bullies have more weight than the rights of a victim. In effect it appears that justice is going out of the world backward. The student wanted to show the high school administrators that he was being shoved, assaulted, and even nearly burned with a cigarette lighter, suggests his mom Shea Love, reported Opposing Views.
    Yet for his troubles of trying to do the right thing, he instead was charged with felony wiretapping and found guilty of disorderly conduct. Is this the response you would expect from your child’s school if the student was being bullied? This student did not resort to violence nor did he go home and bring in knives or a gun.
    The student stressed that he wanted his mother to understand that the bullying was not an exaggeration. “I wasn’t lying. It was really happening. I was really having things like books slammed upside my head. I wanted it to stop. I just felt like nothing was being done,” he claimed according to Opposing Views.
    At the student’s court hearing District Judge Maureen McGraw-Desmet stepped all over the victim’s rights and even asserted that the school officials should have been left to handle’s his continuous victimization. “You guys [school administrators] would handle that, you know. To go to this extreme, you know, it was the only alternative or something like that, but you weren’t made aware of that.”

The only problem is that the student brought the evidence to the attention of the school officials and instead they threatened him and had him arrested. By the way, the bullies who harassed the student… none were reprimanded by school officials.
    The student and mother pan to appeal the conviction.
    [Source]

http://freepatriot.org/2014/04/11/st...heres-justice/

It has gotten totally out of hand today, parents needs to teach their children right and wrong, and that it is not a crime to defend yourself when all else fails!!! It clearly shows in today's society that being nice and turning the other cheek doesn't work! I also think school administrators are useless, and only want a school population full of mindless, unthinking students that can be controlled. I bet they wouldn't sit back and let themselves or their children be abused by others, to me that is "stupid is as stupid does"...This young man needs to be commended not punished!!!!

The student and mother pan to appeal the conviction.
    I hope they get a lot of support in this from other parents, enough is enough..Those administrators need to be fired for letting this happen!!!
    Last edited by kathyet2; 04-11-2014 at 01:26 PM.