Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Student Tests Positive for Tuberculosis

Student Tests Positive for Tuberculosis

Last Update: 12:09 pm
    Print Story | Email Story

Related Links
    San Diego Health & Human Services Agency
    A student at a Southwestern College campus in National City tested positive for tuberculosis, prompting county health officials to notify students and faculty who were possibly exposed.

The infected student attended two classes at Southwestern College's Higher Education Center in National City this summer and fall, according to the San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency.

County health and school officials have sent letters to about 75 students and faculty at the campus who may have come in contact with the student.

"Anyone who may have been exposed should contact their healthcare provider and ask about getting tested," Dr. Wilma Wooten, the county's public health officer, said in a statement. "This action will help us stop the spread of TB in our community."

In 2007, there were 280 cases of tuberculosis locally, according to the HHSA. So far this year, there have been 155 local cases of TB.

Symptoms of active TB include persistent cough, fever, night sweats and unexplained weight loss. Most people who are exposed to TB do not develop the disease.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/sto ... 4&rss=tick
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Of course! Yay! TB! Here in San Diego! Again! Shouldn't you be required to be tb tested if attending any college campus? It kind of only makes sense considering you have to be here in San Diego surronded by IA and people from Mexico. I had to have a tb test just to get my kid in pre school!

Cases of TB has been skyrocketing since we started having an illegal immigration problem. GEE, I WONDER IF THERE IS A CONNECTION?

DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS, FINISH THE FENCE!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    Cases of TB has been skyrocketing since we started having an illegal immigration problem. GEE, I WONDER IF THERE IS A CONNECTION?

DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS, FINISH THE FENCE!
    And how much money do these clinics receive giving out tb tests and other things like immunizations etc out for free? They are just like schools, more bodies=more money. It is complete madness!

The CDC should be in the middle of the fight to seal the borders.Also MADD for all the illegal drunk drivers,AARP for all the elderly victims of home invasions, the ecology groups for the trash left on the border. I could go on all day. this country has got to wake up.