Stupid Things Liberals Say to Protect their Bankrupt Worldview
April 27, 2012 byGary DeMar
29 Comments

StupidityStupid Pet Tricks” and later “Stupid Human Tricks” were popular segments on Late Night with David Letterman. Ads ran in the New York Times classifieds that carried this headline: HAVE YOU TAUGHT YOUR PET TO DO SOMETHING ODD?

If you let liberals talk long enough, they’ll start saying a lot of stupid things. No advertisements soliciting their stupidity are needed.

A top EPA official said that the EPA’s “philosophy” is to “crucify” and “make examples” of oil and gas companies — just as the Romans crucified random citizens in areas they conquered to strike fear in their enemies. You can imagine what would happen if a conservative said anything like this. But stupid statements that are actually policy statements are the stock and trade of liberal ideology. They come with the territory.

The latest stupid liberal trick is the claim by PBS’s Tavis Smiley that poor people don’t want to have what Romney have. Here’s the exchange between Smiley and Sean Hannity:

Sean Hannity: Look, you know, it was Barack Obama who said, “It’s not red America, blue America, it’s the United States of America.” I don’t like this division this, this wedge, Tavis, that the president’s using, and the 99 versus the 1 percent, the rich and the rest of us. Somehow it indicates that that’s a bad thing that people are successful.

Tavis Smiley: Not at all. Mitt Romney’s wrong when he thinks that we are engaging in what he calls the politics of envy. No one who happens to be poor wants what Mr. Romney has. They just want to move beyond a poverty of opportunity in this country to an opportunity to play on a level playing field.

This is one of the stupidest liberal tricks I’ve ever heard. Who’s playing the lottery more — people like Mitt Romney or middle class and poor people? I would like to see the statistics on Smiley’s claim. Here’s the only question you would need to ask: “Would you like to be rich like Mitt Romney? According to Smiley, the answer would be, “No. I just want to move beyond poverty.” I suspect that the answer wold be, “Hell yes!”

Given that the majority of poor are not going to be millionaires, the best thing for them is to play on a level playing field. What’s the best way to accomplish a level playing field? Free the economy from government control! Rich people create jobs. When governments interfere with that truth, rich people have to cut jobs to pay for the costs of government intrusion.

Getting government out of the economy raises all boats. Because of a multitude of differences, not all the boats are the same size. People like Smiley want all boats to rise as long as they are the same size.

Stupid Things Liberals Say to Protect their Bankrupt Worldview - Godfather Politics