Suspended Politico Reporter Lashes Out at Breitbart

by John Nolte 22 Jun 2012

Though we lost him months ago, it's pretty obvious Andrew Breitbart still lives rent-free in the media's head...

In an email statement just published at Politico, suspended White House Correspondent, Joseph Williams, lashes out in a not-so-subtle way at Andrew Breitbart and Breitbart News.

The emphasis is mine:

I regret that this happened. I understand and respect John Harris' point of view - that I've compromised Politico's objectivity, and my own. At this point my suspension without pay is still indefinite, and I don't know what management has in mind as an appropriate sanction, so I can't object or appeal. Politico still employs me, but the review process hasn't started in earnest so my future remains unclear.

Having covered the Shirley Sherrod firing and seen the fallout from James O'Keefe's brand of journalism, I'm not surprised a small group with internet access and an ambitious agenda can affect reporting and distort analysis of political news. It's quite unfortunate and incredibly frustrating, however, that I landed in the crosshairs this time, calling Politico's integrity into question and jeopardizing a job and a career that I love.

Both of Mr. Williams' examples of "distorted analysis" -- Sherrod and my hero James O'Keefe -- are closely associated with Breitbart. So, it's probably safe to say Mr. Williams isn't very happy with us right now.

While none of us here at Breitbart News takes any pleasure in the thought of anyone losing their job (especially as our failed President's "recovery" falters), someone must do the job of watching the Watchmen -- because God knows Politico's own Dylan Byers, Howard Kurtz, and the Washington Post's Erik Wemple aren't interested in doing anything more than protecting power.

And yes, reporters do represent power. Too much of it. The power to shape opinion, to not vet potential presidents, character assassination, and lies of omission and commission. And as I have detailed exhaustively over the past few years, Politico is one of the very worst in this department. Which means that the only excuse I'll make for Mr. Williams is that he is merely a symptom of the disease of corruption that is his employer.

Obviously, Mr. Williams also finds it troubling that a "small group with Internet access and an ambitious agenda" exposed his indefensible behavior (don't forget the "dick" joke aimed at Ann Romney). And he's right about us being a "small group." And we're not only the "small group" that pulled him into the sunlight, we're also the "small group" responsible reporting on and impacting ACORN, Anthony Weiner, Bob Etheridge, Phil Hare, and the National Endowment for the Arts.

Hate to bring you more bad news today, Mr. Williams, but with truth, patriotism, and Internet access, it's pretty amazing the impact a small group can have.
And we're just getting started.

Breitbart News Report Results in Suspension of Politico Reporter

Background:

Politico Reporter Tweets Ann Romney Penis Joke
by John Nolte 06/21/2012

Politico, the unofficial web-branch of MSNBC, and whose staff spends more time on MSNBC than Chris Matthews, has a so-called reporter named Joseph Williams who all but called Mitt Romney a racist on Martin Bashir's show today.
Williams says declaratively that Romney is only comfortable around white people.
But if you think the video clip is disgraceful, wait till you see Mr. Williams' greatest tweets collection assembled below.

"Dick" jokes about Ann Romney. Really.

If you want to read his vile comments got to:
Politico Reporter Says Romney Only Comfortable With Whites, Trashes On Twitter