Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Syndication Ratings: ‘Judge Judy’ Passes ‘Oprah’ As

Syndication Ratings: ‘Judge Judy’ Passes ‘Oprah’ As Week’s Leader
    'Judy' was up 5% and had the No. 1 show overall in syndication
    By David Tanklefsky -- Broadcasting & Cable, 6/9/2009 1:39:27 PM MT
    CTD’s Judge Judy elbowed aside Oprah (CTD) as the top show in daytime for the week ending May 31, the first week following the May sweep period.
    Judy was up 5% to a 4.1 and also had the No. 1 show overall in syndication, according to the GAA ratings, with a 6.2.

The second-place courtroom show, CTD’s Judge Joe Brown, was also up 5% to 2.1, as was the No. 3 court show Warner Bros.’ People’s Court, which gained 6% to 1.9. Warner Bros.’ Judge Mathis was down 7% to 1.4, tying Twentieth’s Judge Alex. Twentieth’s Divorce Court and Christina’s Court were unchanged at 1.3 and 0.9 respectively. At the bottom, Sony’s Judge David Young was up 14% to a 0.8.

Among the talk shows, NBCU’s Martha Stewart had the biggest increase, jumping 17% to 0.7. Warner Bros.’ Ellen gained 5% to 2.0, improving 15% to a 2.3 after an appearance by American Idol winner Kris Allen on May 26. NBCU’s Maury was up 6% to 1.7. Warner Bros.’ Tyra Banks gained 10% to 1.1. Oprah, the talk leader, sank 13% to 4.0. CTD’s Dr. Phil was down 4% to 2.7. Disney/ABC’s Live With Regis and Kelly came in flat at 2.6. CTD’s Rachael Ray, NBCU’s Jerry Springer, and Twentieth’s The Morning Show With Mike and Juliet were all unchanged at 1.5, 1.1, and 0.8 respectively. NBCU’s Steve Wilkos was down 9% to 1.0.
    http://www.broadcastingcable.com/articl ... judge+judy

'Oprah' Tweaks Ratings With Sweepstakes
    TV Week, Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 10:00 AM

In a bid to keep ratings up, "The Oprah Winfrey Show" is launching a three-month, watch-and-win contest.

The promotion, "Oprah's Summer Giveaway," calls on viewers to watch summer repeats of the show to discover a Word of the Day. Once they've heard the word, viewers are encouraged to visit Oprah.com, enter the word, and try to win daily prizes.

While the promo encourages viewers to both tune in summer repeats and visit Winfrey's website, the Word of the Day will also be available on Oprah.com. That means that viewers technically don't need to watch "Oprah" on TV to win. Target, GE, Sony, United and Volkswagen are partnering for the contest, offering prizes such as gift cards, TV sets, computers and video cameras.
    http://www.mediapost.com/publications/? ... aid=107132

April
    Cool, Judge Judy is a no BS kind of person.

Oprah has let fame change her a lot.

April
    Oprah can launch all the promotions she want, I am not watching her and have not since she became an Obama Bot.

Lets nominate no BS Judge Judy for the supreme or federal courts. She would be amazing. No guessing where she stands on issues.

Great news for Judge Judy!! I also like Greg Mathis. He takes no BS from anyone! I watched an episode the other day and he CHASTISED a person for trying to use the race card. It was hilarious to see the look on that person's face, especially when they thought that since Judge Mathis is black, he would side with them.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Oprah can launch all the promotions she want, I am not watching her and have not since she became an Obama Bot.
    April, I stopped watching Oprah and The View.
    Oprah for her bias and blatent dismissal of Palin.
    When Barbara Walters treated McCain and his wife awful I was mad.
    The when they went at Glenn Beck and didn't get anything out there
    about him except they said he was a liar!
    He had the proof to PROVE he was right.
    Both of those shows can shove it.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    Lets nominate no BS Judge Judy for the supreme or federal courts. She would be amazing. No guessing where she stands on issues.
    Put her on the Supreme Court!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Yea, I quit Oprah a long time ago. She has a tendency to promote stuff she should stay away from like the New Age junk and presidential campaigns.

The View started churning my stomach about the time Meredith and Star Jones left. It turned into the Liberal attack machine.

Martha, solid as ever. You have to admire a person that perseveres like she does and marches on. She's a very gifted person.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)