Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    If it isn't beef then what is it???? If it is fillers, intestines ,bulls balls, even if it is eyes, tails etc what ever. It needs to be labeled and in what percentages. . . Kathyet
    From the article above.
    Taco Bell says the filling contains 88 percent USDA-inspected beef and the rest is water, spices and a mixture of oats, starch and other ingredients that contribute to what it calls the "quality of its product." . . .

So what's in the meat, anyway?

Fast food often contains additives. That "isolated oat product," for example, is usually used to help processed meat hang onto moisture and flavor. Other chains use them, too. McDonald's, for example, says its hamburgers are all beef, but the hamburger chain's ingredients list also includes additives and preservatives in many items.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Shucks... I like Taco Bell. It is the one place I can eat Mexican food served by mostly non-hispanics. Least where I go. I really like Mexican food but I hesitate more and more to eat at Mexican restaurants because they almost exclusively employ Mexican or other hispanics. Irritates me.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Quote Originally Posted by forest
    Shucks... I like Taco Bell. It is the one place I can eat Mexican food served by mostly non-hispanics. Least where I go. I really like Mexican food but I hesitate more and more to eat at Mexican restaurants because they almost exclusively employ Mexican or other hispanics. Irritates me.
    When I was a wee lad and worked at Taco Bell the majority of workers were Vietnamese! I found that kinda funny. At the local Mc D's back then it was 75% young black, 25% white. The local Burger King 50% hispanic 25% black, 25% white. The local Wendy's 75% and rest what a total mix. But Taco Bell 50% Vietnamese and rest a total mix.

Nothing wrong with it back then but did seem a little peculiar. Especially considering all of these fast food joints were within 1/2 a mile area!

Makes one think a little.

Don't forget the rest of the story..

Taco Bell responded quickly, saying their meat was "88% beef" and that they buy the same brand of beef sold in supermarkets -- Tyson Foods.

Oh well, that clears it all up, then. Tyson Foods.

And what's the other 12%? According to Taco Bell, it's water, spices, oats, starch and "other ingredients" that the restaurant says contribute to the "quality" of its beef. Apparently, Taco Bell believes the way to enhance the quality of beef is to throw in things that are not beef.

So what else might be found in that "other ingredients" category? A quick look at Taco Bell's own website reveals the restaurant uses all the following ingredients in its various menu offerings:

• Autolyzed Yeast Extract (which contains MSG, an excitotoxin)
    • Red #40, Blue #1, Yellow #6 artificial colors
    • Corn syrup solids
    • Partially Hydrogenated Corn Oil
    • Soy Protein
    • Propylene Glycol Alginate
    • Dimethylpolysiloxane (an anti-foaming chemical)
    Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/031147_Taco_ ... z1CcAnmmzP

Even if Taco Bell's beef is 100% beef, it's still conventional beef from cows that are processed in factory farm operations (rather than open-range grass-fed cows). The soy ingredients used in Taco Bell foods are almost certainly GMO soy in origin. The other chemicals such as dimethylpolysiloxane make their foods sound more like chemical concoctions than real food.
    Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/031147_Taco_ ... z1CcBnFQFz

Like I said before now with the food bill passage....we all better be more aware of what these ingredients are.

Kathyet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12