Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Re: Question from Yahoo Answers

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    Is Sarah Palin going to hijack the Tea Party movement on behalf of the republican party?
    I like Palin, but she is a Republican at heart. So why is she the keynote speaker at an organizational meeting for the Tea Party. She doesn't want to leave the Republican party. It sounds like she is hoping to sway the Tea Baggers(of which I am one) to being duped once again by the republican party.

If you were in on the beginning you would see Sarah was there. She is a Republican! A Constitutionalist Republican.

The Tea Party is aware of Some Republicans trying to hang on their coattails. Only invited Republicans talk. She can bring a crowd unlike many of the other speakers.

I think either you are trying to cause trouble or you are a late comer to the Tea party.............
    A costitutionalist Republican that wants AMNESTY for Illegals...... Sarah Palin Is Pro Amnesty For Illegal Aliens - Univision Interview
    By Digger

Sarah Palin finally came out and made her stance on illegal immigration clear. She is pro amnesty for illegal aliens. In an interview to Univision she stated unequivocally that she is for a pathway to citizenship
    . In the same interview she says she is against amnesty for illegal aliens. Have your cake and eat it to, I think that is called.
    Back on the same day that John McCain chose Sarah Palin as his vice-presidential candidate I started investigating Palin's past on illegal immigration. I invited others to send in anything they found. There was nothing on the record. Many did write in and said that Laura Ingraham said that one time she was talking to Palin and she said she was against amnesty. That was the only statement anywhere that could be found.

Now we know that she is against amnesty, all the while she is for it with a "pathway to citizenship".

You see this is what is wrong with these people. They think they can be on both sides of the issue at once and that simply isn't possible. You are either against amnesty or you are not. If you are for a pathway to citizenship for those who have illegally entered our country then you are pro-amnesty as you have virtually absolved them of all of their illegality.

People have bashed me for questioning "the Palin". They wrote in to say that obviously she is against illegal immigration. This was all wishful thinking and like so many other issues that the politicians have avoided, until they take a clear stance don't assume anything (and even then, if they're only saying it look at their record).

Sarah Palin is in lock-step with John McCain when it comes to amnesty for illegal aliens. Her answers are almost indistinguishable from McCain's, Obama's or even the most pro-illegal alien congressman in the house, Luis Gutierrez, for that matter.

Read it and weep. http://www.diggersrealm.com/mt/archives/002985.html

Banned

Teaparty rifts continue

Tea Partiers Urge Unity as Rifts Show
    By Judson Berger
    - FOXNews.com

National Tea Party Convention organizers and many participants have emphasized fiscal responsibility, but others are pulling the movement in a direction that might not be so politically profitable

Feb. 5, 2010: National Tea Party Convention organizer Judson Phillips addresses questions at a news conference in Nashville.
    Tea party leaders called for unity and action on Saturday, the closing day of their national convention, as rifts within the conservative movement continued to show.

Convention organizers and many participants have tried to zero in on fiscal responsibility as their hallmark issue, one they hope has the power to win elections in November. But others -- including theorists who charge that President Obama is not a natural-born U.S. citizen -- are pulling the grassroots phenomenon in a direction that might not be so politically profitable.

Joseph Farah, founder of WorldNetDaily.com, made questions over Obama's citizenship a centerpiece of his Friday night speech in Nashville and got a standing ovation from the crowd for broaching the controversial topic.

But some convention-goers and speakers on Saturday distanced themselves from the so-called "birther" movement, saying that's hardly a bread-and-butter tea party issue.

"There are much bigger issues out there," said Alice Micca, a tea party activist who flew in from Dallas. "That's just maybe window dressing."

Micca said calls for fiscal responsibility and government transparency are what binds the movement and led her to get involved.

"This is the first time I've ever been involved with anything" political, she told FoxNews.com.

Conservative commentator Andrew Breitbart, who gave an electric speech Saturday morning vilifying the "mainstream media," ACORN and the liberal elite, afterward described the "birthers" as a fringe, saying the bulk of the convention participants did not come to discuss Obama's citizenship.

"These people came here because they have a common set of grievances about the government," he said.

Tom Fitton, president of convention sponsor Judicial Watch, said he was asked about Obama's eligibility to serve when he spoke Friday at the convention, but gave his stock response: "We're aware of no credible evidence that Barack Obama is not a citizen."

Fitton acknowledged the interest in the topic in Nashville, but said that's not necessarily representative of where the movement is going.

Since its explosion on tax day last year, the tea party movement has split into hundreds of local organizing groups and several large national groups, including the for-profit Tea Party Nation that organized the convention.

Amy Kremer, an Atlanta tea party organizer who addressed the crowd Saturday, said this has led to "bickering" and "divisiveness" which needs to stop immediately for the movement to be successful

"We are all in this together," she said. "We've got to stop pointing the guns in the boat and look at the enemies outside the boat."

Going forward, many of the convention speakers and participants point to fiscal responsibility as their weapon of choice in the November elections and are committing the movement to using that issue to push endorsed candidates to victory. They generally don't want to form a third party, preferring to work from within the GOP.

Memphis Tea Party Chairman Mark Skoda outlined five "first principles" that candidates must follow in order to get support from his newly formed Ensuring Liberty Corporation and PAC: fiscal responsibility, lower taxes, less government, states' rights and national security.

That list didn't include fighting the threat of Communism, questioning the White House on the whereabouts of the president's birth certificate and leading the charge against what convention kickoff speaker Tom Tancredo called the "cult of multiculturalism" -- even though those topics popped up over the course of the three-day convention.

Speakers like Breitbart said the movement is trying to fight labels like "racist" and "sexist" and would do well to keep focus on opposing big government -- and winning elections.

"I think the movement is maturing. ... This is about elections," Skoda said, adding: "We're not a bunch of raging lunatics."
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02 ... -movement/

Banned

People want to govern themselves

The American people don’t want to be governed from the left, the right, or the center. The American people want to govern themselves. In fact, they have been governing themselves for hundreds of years, continue to do so today, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. That’s true regardless of whether Republicans or Democrats are running the show in Washington, DC. The American attachment to self-governance runs deep. It is one of our nation’s cherished core values and an important part of our cultural DNA.

In Search of Self Governance, a new book by Scott Rasmussen, takes a look at our nation’s broken political system in a brand new Rasmussen Reports publication .

“Pollster Scott Rasmussen has his finger on the pulse of America, conducting hundreds of spot-on surveys every year,â€

Re: Teaparty- Independent

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Texas... I am a BIG believer In the Tea-Party movement. However,I want people to know that a possible conflict of Interest lies within the movement.
    And THAT right there what you said is EXACTLY what fuels the left!
    You are doing them a favor!

1. We have NO leader and that bugs Liberals because they don't know who to target. EVERY day they ask who the leader is from EVERY Republican they can get on their sh*tty shows.

2. All are different in the Tea Party now as they picked up many more independents, Republicans mad at the RINO's in the party and the Liberals that voted for the idiot and now realise he is just a crybaby, arrogant, narcissist, LIAR!
    Explain to me how I am helping the "Left Wing" by pointing out that the Republicans are attempting to hijack the Teaparty movement right before their eyes. Are you actually saying that I am writing on these blogs to HELP the left wing Demorats whom I despise with a passion ? Why do you chose to attack me when I am "supposedly" on your side? I don't get It....
    I know you're on my/our side but you are playing into the MSM rabid rants......... by being all paranoid that the Republicans are trying to steal the Tea Party. That's the crap served on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, and NBC 24/7! Never mind falling for their liberal paranoid thoughts. We are going to destroy them and talking about divisions within the Tea Party can spread to others that maybe don't keep up as much as we do. Maybe they get their info here.

The Republicans know we will not accept anything but small government, less taxes, etc.. The have to be invited in. Some tried to speak at them last year and were turned away. We are powerful and they are afraid of us too, and they should be. We will drop them like flies. I can't WAIT TO TAKE Bidens and Obama's seats. LOL

I'm not try to be mean I'm trying to stop you from obsessing on this one issue. There is so much more happening and I'm already on edge myself waiting to see what the Liberal tanking media will MAKE UP about Sarah or her speech. They are pathetic, they are very scared. I haven't seen Chris Matthews laugh for two days, his face is screwed up and frowning all thru his show now.

I peak in on Chris Matthews, Ed Shultz, keith Olbermann, and that witch Rachael Maddow. Your issue is one of their their issues too. That's all........

Hey, welcome to ALIPAC! LOL
    I've been away for about 2-3 weeks trying to help destroy the left's lies. I feel as though whatever I do against Obama and his comrades helps out with Amnesty. I am a birther and we are on his *ss! Some exciting things are happening. Check out www.wnd.com 's lastest articles. Ewwwwie
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123