Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Tea party snubs GOP leaders who voted for TARP

Tea party snubs GOP leaders who voted for TARP

'Earn your spurs and you can get on our stage' --The Hill

By Molly K. Hooper - 04/14/10 08:29 PM ET
    Comments 66

The Tea Party is hosting a Tax Day rally on Thursday in Washington, but the Republicans leaders in the House and Senate are not invited.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.), Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (Ariz.), House Minority Leader John Boehner (Ohio) and House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (Va.) were not asked to speak at the April 15 rally in front of the Washington Monument. 

According to officials with Freedom Works, the organization coordinating the event, the leaders haven’t redeemed themselves since backing the 2008 Wall Street bailout bill.

Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-Texas), who chairs Freedom Works, told The Hill, “What [Tea Party activists] are saying to the officeholders and office-seekers is, ‘Earn your spurs and you can get on our stage.’ There’s an old line: ‘We don’t call you a cowboy until we can see you ride.’

“How did McConnell and Boehner vote on [the Troubled Asset Relief Program]? TARP has been the acid test,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I attended a Tea Party today, and one thing that stood out, was a big sign on the front of a long table that made a big point that my Republican Congressman voted for the bailout. He is conservative, does not generally go crazy, however he made a gigantic mistake when he supported the bailout. He hears about it constantly, even from other candidates running for office in the Republican party. They stand on the stage and say it in front of him.

Matthew 10:32
    It is written,... Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)