Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

'Tea Party' supports false accusations on debt

'Tea Party' supports false accusations on debt

USA TODAY OPINION

Letters to the editor

The problem I have with the "Tea Party" is its support of false accusations (" 'Tea Party' members offer a ground-level view," Cover story, News, Friday).
    Here are the facts about our debt:

•During the administrations of presidents Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush, tax-cut polices caused the national debt to soar from $800 billion to $5 trillion.

•President George W. Bush's tax-cut plan increased our debt to $10 trillion.

Right after President Obama won, the Tea Party started blaming him for the failing economy. Obama inherited the Great Recession. He has a plan to lower deficit spending. What's the Tea Party plan?

Phillip A. Burton; Cincinnati
    =======================

Longing to be heard

I'm proud to say I am a "Tea Party" organizer. In February 2010, I finally stopped yelling at the TV and decided to do something.

My friend and I started a Tea Party. We secured a free meeting room and put an article in the local newspaper announcing an organization meeting. At our first meeting, our Tea Party grew to 200. And on tax day, more than 2,000 came out for our group's first rally.

President Obama's administration awakened a sleeping giant. After the 2008 election, we watched as the new majority began to rule in ways we thought were unfair. Nobody listened to the people, and they still aren't listening. On Nov. 2, angry and frustrated Americans will ask, "Can you hear us now?"

Jane Kenny; Bluffton, S.C.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/le ... _ST1_N.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A good portion of the FOX news viewing tea partiers don't have their information correct because they let themselves be taken over by the neo-cons. They let Glenn Beck take a worthy cause, and turn it into a laughing stock. The sad thing is, they don't realize it.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.