Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Teacher suspended for 'punishing children who did not pray t

Teacher suspended for 'punishing children who did not pray to Allah'
    By Daily Telegraph reporter
    Last Updated: 9:12AM BST 08/07/2008

A teacher has been suspended amid claims she punished two children who
    refused to worship Allah during a Religious Education lesson.

Alison Phillips, head of RE at Cheshire's respected Alsager High School, allegedly disciplined the Year 7 duo claiming they were disrespectful for refusing to kneel down and pray.

After giving the two boys detention the school was believed to have received several complaints from parents about the long-standing teacher.

Today, a school spokesman said she was suspended over the allegations - but also for "ongoing inquiries centred around other practical issues".

Joan Feenan, director of Cheshire County Council's children's services, said: "This authority is naturally concerned about complaints we have received from parents.

"Together with the school, we will be thoroughly investigating those complaints, in a careful and considered manner, and informing parents of the conclusions reached.

"Educating children in Christian and other religious beliefs is part of the national curriculum in secular schools and I'm sure that the great majority of our parents welcome any efforts to further mutual understanding.

"Having said that, this authority also accepts without question that such teaching should be carried out with awareness, sensitivity and sound common sense.

"Alsager is a high performing school with very supportive parents.

"I am confident that this matter will be resolved equitably."

She also added that suspension was not a disciplinary measure.

One parent, Karen Williams, said after hearing the claims: "I am absolutely furious my daughter was made to take part in it and I don't find it acceptable.

"I haven't got a problem with them teaching my child other religions and a small amount of information doesn't do any harm.

"But not only did they have to pray, the teacher had gone into the class and made them watch a short film and then said 'We are now going out to pray to Allah'.

"And then two boys got detention and all the other children missed their refreshments break because of the teacher."

The incident was believed to have taken place during a practical demonstration of how the prophet is worshipped.

The teacher is liaising with NASUWT, her union, whose spokesman declined to comment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ah%27.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Insane.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They should of fired her. Forcing children to pray, to the Islam God Allah, goes against the whole idea of a free society.

This sounds like forced indocrination and not a brief overview of what the religion's belief system entails.

CHILDREN IN SCHOOL SHOULD NEVER BE FORCED TO PRAY TO ANYONE. THIS IS INSANE. AND I QUESTION TEACHING RELIGION IN SCHOOL ANYWAY. EVEN UNDER THE GUISE OF BROADENING PERSPECTIVE. ITS TOO DANGEROUS TO TEACH RELIGION IN SCHOOL. RELIGIOUS EDUCATION CAN BE TAUGHT BY THE PARENT. ITS TOO CONFUSING FOR CHILDREN TO BE TAUGHT OTHER RELIGIONS IN SCHOOL WHICH MAY NOT BE THE RELIGION THEY ARE BEING TAUGHT AT HOME.

These things will end when Americans start taking some action. The SALMONELLA caSE is a good exaMPLE, WHEN aMERICANS STARTED TO STOP BUYING TOMATOES, THE tomatoes groers all over the counbtry had a big loss of money, nkbody was buying any more. So the FDa STARTED TO INVESTIGATE . iS JUST 2+2 IF THEY LOSE money, they take action.
    ALL AMERICANS SHOLD STRAR NOT TAKING ANYMORE.
    dON'T BUY Products from Mexico, complain with shools, don't be worry if it looks npt Political Correct, start CLAIMING YOUR RIGHTS .