Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I'd like to know what accountability factors these teachers will be held to. If their students don't learn English and pass all their classes, these teachers will have failed. Will this program then be cancelled and these teachers sent back home?

It's been proven that most of these hispanic students FAIL or drop out, even though they are taught in SPANISH! The ONLY way to move these kids forward is through TOTAL immersion in English. Why is that so hard to understand?!?!
    Because you said it in English? Seriously, I think it simply is not PC to admit you see the emperor is naked. So just keep complimenting him on his new clothes.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    PLAINFIELD -- When Teacher Feliciatas Lopez arrived from Mexico three weeks ago, she just had two suitcases of clothing.

Now, she has an apartment, a car and essentials for a home. In an extreme makeover of sorts, Plainfield School District administrators have embraced their three teachers from Mexico, helping them set up their homes by donating furniture, cruising garage sales and car shopping, as well as getting them ready to teach the district's booming Hispanic population and other English language learners (ELL).

Okay, this is as far as I read before the flames shooting out of my eyes set my hair on fire.

This is just WRONG.

There are school teachers in this country seriously underpaid, losing their jobs in budget cuts.....mainly brought about to find money for all of the "special" spanish students....... quitting their jobs due to the stress of being abused by students, and school districts are not only importing school teachers from Mexico but getting them homes to live in, furniture, and cars.

Is there NOTHING, no career in this country, that an American citizen is permitted to do anymore for a living? How long is it going to be before Mexican teachers are put in charge of American students to ensure that they are just as non, or under, educated as IA students and anchors?
    WELL SAID AZW!!! How many teachers got pink slips who taught in the LAUSD earlier this year? I would bet anything those positions will eventually be replaced by teachers who speak spanish!

Excellent point NoBueno, and one I had wondered about myself after reading about that, simply because I recollected something I had seen about Mexico and CA putting their heads together in some plan to begin importing teachers from Mexico.

I couldn't help but wonder if they were legitimately let go due to budgetary concerns, or if this was just part of the plan to make room for teachers to be brought in from Mexico.

Not that I would want to say "I told ya so"......well, okay, yes I would want to ........ but the NEA is only beginning to find out....and quickly.....exactly where all of their pro-illegal advocacy has gotten them and the teachers of this country whom they are supposed to represent and protect. Just wait until these "imports" and their governments...particularly Mexico.....decide that foreign nations deserve the positions in the hierarchy of the organization and begin filing suit to make sure they are put there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another job Americans won't do?

Teachers in Waukegan are leaving and moving to other districts/states in order to get jobs. This is ridiculous! But then -- seeing the Hispanic students in town, I'd probably opt to teach elsewhere too. I hear about disruptive and disinterested spanish-speaking students from my American neighbor school kids. Our own students are being short-changed!!
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yep this burns my butt to see where my tax dollars are going. Not to mention the Math teacher doesn't speak English either......so how is this bi-lingual education when all it amounts to is being taught in Spanish? Granted Algebra is Greek to me as it is, but you would think the student had to have some grasp of the English language to get to Algebra and Geometry......or atleast should by then. I mean when do they actually work with these kids to learn English? Or is it just another line bull?

They have been advertising classes for teachers to be ESL teachers by going for an extra year at this college. Now if you can be an ESL teacher in a year, then why aren't these students catching on to anything with English. They are graduating and are now demanding Spanish teachers in college. English is my first language and how can they be learning anything the rest of us spend years learning with proper grammer, nouns, verbs, participles and all that which is required to graduate, when they can't speak the language? If that makes sense. I mean are they substituting Spanish grammer and writing classes with Spanish? Heck there are people who speak English and just don't do well in English classes and can be denied graduating but a Spanish speaking student doesn't........just doesn't make sense because it seems they are re-enforcing Spanish and not English. Coz with all this expense and effort to cater to them, it's not paying off in speaking English very well at all.

Not to mention they aren't bringing in teachers from Poland, China, Korea etc. to cater to those new immigrants. Polish, Chinese, Korean etc. weren't options of foreign languages to learn and the majority of our new immigrants are from countries that are new to immigrating here and doubtful many citizens would be fluent in them. What about those kids?

I mean we have and always have had people here from Mexico, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Spanish an option to learn and they can't find citizen teachers? I just don't buy it. They'll bring in foreign teachers on our dime, but won't cover 1 year extra for citizens to get the ESL teaching because they prefere learning from their own? Of which atleast 1 doesn't speak English either.

When Teacher Feliciatas Lopez arrived from Mexico three weeks ago, she just had two suitcases of clothing.

Now, she has an apartment, a car and essentials for a home. In an extreme makeover of sorts, Plainfield School District administrators have embraced their three teachers from Mexico, helping them set up their homes by donating furniture, cruising garage sales and car shopping, as well as getting them ready to teach the district's booming Hispanic population and other English language learners (ELL).
    Isnt that special. Her own EXTREME WELCOME WAGON. It really makes me sick that teachers are being bought into the country to teach kids who are mostly illegal aliens at TAXPAYERS EXPENSE! We are hiring people from MEXICO to teach illegal alien kids from MEXICO. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    When Teacher Feliciatas Lopez arrived from Mexico three weeks ago, she just had two suitcases of clothing.

Isnt that special. Her own EXTREME WELCOME WAGON. It really makes me sick that teachers are being bought into the country to teach kids who are mostly illegal aliens at TAXPAYERS EXPENSE! We are hiring people from MEXICO to teach illegal alien kids from MEXICO. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE.
    It sure doesn't BB!!!

Okay, this is as far as I read before the flames shooting out of my eyes set my hair on fire.
    LOL..LOL...LOL. THIS IS AN EXCELLENT VISUAL. I HAVE SINGED EYEBROWS AND HAIR ALSO. LOL.

How come the teachers union isn't screaming???!!!

Will these teachers be teaching Mexican history as well???

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    How come the teachers union isn't screaming???!!!

Will these teachers be teaching Mexican history as well???
    I hope they are not teaching American History, or our children will learn how the terrible gringo came and destroyed all of these paragons of virtue, innocent mayans and aztecs.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12