TECHNOCRACY AND THE GLOBAL ELITE

By Patrick Wood
March 10, 2010
NewsWithViews.com

Having studied and written about the global elite for 33 years, and in particular the Trilateral Commission, I still may have been misled by an elaborate system of smoke and mirrors.

1n 1973, when the Trilateral Commission was founded by Zbigniew Brzezinski and David Rockefeller, they claimed as their goal to create a "New International Economic Order."

Through the filter of my economics background, I interpreted this (as did everyone else) to mean some sort of reshuffling of the existing economic system that would benefit the hedonistic interests of the global elite. While the process of globalization has born this out to some extent, there were always unanswered questions.

For instance, why does TC member Al Gore dedicate his life to spreading the false gospel of global warming? Why did the global elite hijack the environmental movement in the 60’s and 70’s in order to preach to us about the need for Sustainable Development and Agenda 21? In fact, why did they create Agenda 21 in the first place? We see what they have done, but figuring out their strategy has been more than elusive and in many cases, it left us grasping at straws.

Well, what if the dynamic duo (Zbig & Dave) really had a NEW economic order in mind? Not like the old one, but a truly new entity? One not based on money, prices, scarcity, or supply and demand but rather on something else?

I started asking these questions after I rediscovered the Technocracy movement that had started in 1932 during the depths of the Great Depression. Technocracy was so thoroughly repudiated by the American political establishment by the end of the 1930’s that it was even dropped from American history books.

Yet, Technocracy was a huge movement for a several years, claiming some 500,000 members in California alone. The engineers and scientists who founded the movement had some very strange ideas (for those days, at least) about economics, society and the world in general.

They believed that the intermingling of technology with society had created a hybrid social structure. The fact that the global economy was burning at the time proved to them that the old economic structure was doomed to fail because it was not capable of supporting the new social structure. In other words, the two were forever incompatible.

Technocrats thus busied themselves in architecting a new economic system that would replace the old one altogether. They believed that the new economy had to be controlled by an energy-based (not price-based) accounting system where the use of energy would be “in balanceâ€