Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

This Technology Will Blow Your Mind.. Microsoft Tech

This Technology Will Blow Your Mind.. Microsoft Tech

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/637132/th ... _your_mind
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually, the core of the algorithms at work in the demo have been around a while. The operative keywords include: zooming, scaling, multi-resolution display, resampling, quadtree data structure, texture filters, sub-pixel resampling/classifiers, etc.

What's new or different is the fact that the algorithms are being applied in real-time on common (PC) hardware systems to give the appearance of 'new' behavior or functionality. I'd almost be willing to bet a huge sum of $ (or Euros, if you're newly cynical about the US currency... ), that there is a TON of RAM installed in whatever machine(s) are doing the actual computing work there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Airborne Sapper 7,

Yawn!

Been there, done that.

Microsoft should show videos of Americans being fired and sent to the unemployment lines as NON-immigrant H-1B replacement workers arrive from Bangalore, India.
    http://www.washtech.org/news/labor/disp ... ntent=5237

You might recall that Bill Gates went to Congress recently and demanded unlimited H-1B replacement worklers (to help destroy America's middle class).

Any H-1B lurkers or handlers reading this?
    Go back to Bang-Town

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    HAHAHAHA ... oh you guys are beating me up... I just am doing my part to get page views

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    HAHAHAHA ... oh you guys are beating me up... I just am doing my part to get page views
    It's all good airborne... we're not picking on you (more Micro$oft than anyone/thing else...)

I'll confess, I have more than just layman knowledge on that particular subject