Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ted Poe: ENERGY SAVER LIGHT BULBS!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegals and Lightbulbs

Which is worse the illegals or light bulbs? At least they are talking about the light bulbs.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

06/24/2008
    Poe’s light bulb speech turns him into YouTube star
    By RYAN HICKMAN

Locally, Ted Poe has a reputation as a tough-minded judge and since he joined Congress in 2005 has been known for his support of border security, victims’ rights and foreign relations.

Now the congressman for the 2nd Congressional District can add to the list another issue he’s known for: light bulbs.

Following a speech on the floor of the House of Representatives in late May lambasting Congress’ insistence on compact fluorescent light bulbs in an energy bill, Poe’s sarcastic, humorous and opinionated address found itself on the video sharing website YouTube.

The result, as of June 24, is more than 3.6 million views of the video, turning Poe’s speech into a YouTube phenomenon, a pop culture distinction usually bestowed upon clips of singing children, Tasered college students and lip-synching animals.

“I’m just surprised. I couldn’t even spell YouTube until someone sent me that link,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

God Bless Ted Poe!!!

Ted forgot to mention that they cost between $5-6 EACH, and they don't last any longer than incandescent bulbs if you keep turning them on and off. The keep flickering and the worst part is that they give your skin a greenish tint....I look like Frankenstein when I sit under one!

I threw mine out after two weeks....I hate them. I'm hording incandescents from Home Depot beccause I think they will be long gone before 2014. I feel like we are living in Communist China, which just happens to make ALL of them!