Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

TENANT LOSES RIGHT TO FLY FOREIGN FLAG

Tenant loses right to fly foreign flag
    Rent it Right

By Janet Portman - Inman News

Q: I'm a renter in a condo complex. My neighbor, who is also a renter, has two large American flags flying from his balcony and front entrance area. I'd like to show my support of my native country by flying its flags, but when I put them up, the homeowners association told me to take them down. Why the double standard -- isn't this a violation of my freedom of speech? --Miriam W.

A: Yes, it's a double standard, but in your situation, it's probably legal. Under federal law, condominium associations, homeowners associations and residential real estate management associations may not forbid the display of the American flag (Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005, 4 United States Code Annotated, Section 3). These associations may, however, enact other rules concerning outdoor displays, and regularly do. A prohibition against the display of foreign flags would probably not be thrown out by a judge. As for your First Amendment rights, remember that the Bill of Rights concerns what government may and may not do with our individual liberties. Since this is a private landowners' rule and there's no government involvement, the Bill of Rights won't help you.

By the way, the outcome might be different if you and your neighbor were not renting in a planned community. The Flag Act applies only to these communities, and not to other properties. In a non-planned-unit-development setting, if the two landlords forbade the flying of any flags, you both would have a hard time successfully challenging that rule.

http://www.bettyr9553.remax-indiana.com ... y&id=65013

All ready to dishonor the American flag and assert first amendment rights. I wonder if this idiot is an American citizens who misses their homeland? These people want all of perks the US has to offer but their love and respect stays with their cesspool of birth.

Somebody help me to understand this insanity.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I'd like to show my support of my native country by flying its flags,
    How about you show support for your native country by GOING HOME!
    If you do not respect and honor America why are you here! The problem with many of the people coming here illegally and legally anymore is they have no interest in becoming American. They come here to basically for themselves while showing no loyalty to the country that is affording them a better life!!

If you want to support your native country and display it's flag...GO TO YOUR NATIVE COUNTRY AND FLY IT'S FLAG TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT!

Furthermore, I am of Irish-Spanish-English heritage. I support, fly and answer to ONLY one flag...the American flag!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    If you want to support your native country and display it's flag...GO TO YOUR NATIVE COUNTRY AND FLY IT'S FLAG TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT!

Furthermore, I am of Irish-Spanish-English heritage. I support, fly and answer to ONLY one flag...the American flag!

This we agree on for sure ! I see an irish flag everytime i go for groceries . It boils my blood . I am irish-english-german . I stopped and ask the man outside one day what nation was that flag because i thought it was ilsmic flag 'same colors' . I think i was more mad it being irish than if it had been islamic. You expect it from islamic cult who call everyone else infidels . We may all be infidels, but we have plenty of un-welcome other infidels called muslims too .

Every since they all got in the streets of my nation flying flags and making demands, none of them are welcome by me any more unless i know for sure they assimilate ..