Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas High School Student Told Rosary Is 'Gang Symbol'

freeedom21.com

A Texas teen claims she is forbidden from wearing a rosary around her neck in school because the Catholic prayer beads are a gang symbol, MyFOXDFW.com reported.

Tabitha Ruiz was stopped by security guards at Seagoville High School in Dallas last week and told to take off the silver and ruby beaded rosary, a gift from her mother. On Monday, the same thing happened when she again came to the school wearing the beads.

"I went to school, walked through the metal detectors and they told me to take it off," the teen said. "I asked them why and they said because it's gang-related."

Ruiz and her mother, Taire Ferguson, said they had no idea that rosary beads were a gang symbol. Police, however, are well aware.

"Lately they’ve been seen wearing religious jewelry such as the rosary worn by gang members, so it is a factor," Sr. Cpl Kevin Janse of the Dallas Police Department told the FOX affiliate.

While rosaries are not specifically banned in area schools, a spokesman for the Dallas Independent School District said that whether or not they're allowed is at the principal’s discretion.

Ruiz and her mother have vowed to take the district to court if necessary.

Click here for more on this story from MyFOXDFW.com.

Lawyer up
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ruiz and her mother have vowed to take the district to court if necessary
    What a shock I would be more concerned with my daughters safety and comply with school administrators if they told me a rosary is a known gang symbol in that school. Instead, this mother would rather get confrontational with school administrators.

Fine! Let the mother sign a waiver stating she will not hold the school district liable when some gang banger shoots her daughter dead because she was mistaken for a gang banger.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

maybe she is a gangbanger if she wins in court all the gangbangers will
    be wearing there colors in school, take cover

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Ruiz and her mother have vowed to take the district to court if necessary
    What a shock I would be more concerned with my daughters safety and comply with school administrators if they told me a rosary is a known gang symbol in that school. Instead, this mother would rather get confrontational with school administrators.

Fine! Let the mother sign a waiver stating she will not hold the school district liable when some gang banger shoots her daughter dead because she was mistaken for a gang banger.

Oh my another reason to cry foul. You're right, if it were my child and a police officer told her the rosary was a gang symbol I WOULDN'T send her out in it at all. She can take her rosary with her to church but that is it. Rosarys are used for prayer anyways I don't see why she's wearing it around her neck, I'm not used to seeing people wearing them only holding them while in church but I guess people do wear them. Funny though how the girl was warned but then again went back to school and wore them again, fine end up dead by some gang banger obviously she's too stupid to understand someone trying to take the time to save her life and if her own mother won't protect her then they get what their stupidity deserves.

What are the odds

The mom is a member of the PTA?

The mom visits the teachers to find out how daughter is doing?

The mom volunteers for school related events?

The mom has at least a GED?

She has a welfare mentality and has been or is, "in the system"?

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    What are the odds

The mom is a member of the PTA?

The mom visits the teachers to find out how daughter is doing?

The mom volunteers for school related events?

The mom has at least a GED?

She has a welfare mentality and has been or is, "in the system"?

A welfare mentality? I actually agree because I understand the OCCASIONAL need for help when you have lost your job or your spouse has or need help because you can't afford health care. But these people who have the victim mentality usually are those on welfare not just as adults but also have been in the system since they were born and it's a continuous cycle of handouts and a sense of entitlement that rules their daily lives. Instead of seeing it as someone trying to save her life she saw being told not to wear the rosary as something to fight about when there are more important things like the type of education the child is receiving in that school, funding for sports or after school programs etc that can all be addressed in PTA meetings which I am sure the mother does not attend and had she maybe they mentioned it in one of the meetings because I find it hard to believe no notice went out about the rosary beads.