Thanks Obamacare! Home Depot dumps healthcare coverage for part-time workers

Friday, Sep 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM EDT
Video at the Page Link:

Obamacare has now officially cost 20,000 part-time Home Depot employees their current health insurance plan, even though President Obama infamously promised:

OBAMA: There’s a guarantee that I’ve made. If you have insurance that you like, then you will be able to keep that insurance. If you’ve got a doctor that you like, you will be able to keep your doctor.

TheBlaze reports:

Home Depot Inc is shifting medical coverage for part-time workers to new public marketplace exchanges ahead of new benefits requirements under the U.S. Affordable Care Act, a spokesman said on Thursday.

Home Depot’s change would affect roughly 20,000 part-time workers who previously had chosen the limited liability medical plan the company offered, spokesman Stephen Holmes said.

After December 31, companies can no longer offer those plans under the health law, also known as Obamacare.

Home Depot’s announcement comes on the heels of a similar announcement from grocery chain Trader Joe’s Co.

“During this healthcare debate we said, you know, companies are going to be dumping people into this exchange,” Pat said on radio this morning. “They’re going to drop their own healthcare, it’s going to cost people their healthcare. Well, Home Depot is shifting medical coverage for part-time workers to the new public marketplace exchanges ahead of new benefits requirements by the Affordable Care Act.”

“And it’s interesting because you said, Home Depot, they had a CEO who was Republican-leaning,” Stu added. “But Trader Joe’s is where you go to buy hummus. Okay? That’s where you go to buy hummus and pita. The boxes say grass fed when they’re selling meat. They actually have cloth bags. In fact, they give you discounts if you bring your bags back in. This is not some hard core right wing evil establishment.”

Remember way back in 2008 when Jacob S. Hacker, the liberalYale scholar widely regarded as the originator of the ‘public option,’ said:
HACKER: Someone once said to me, ‘Well, this is a Trojan horse for single payer.’ I said, ‘Well, it’s not a Trojan horse, right? It’s just right there! I’m telling you!’

“That was the architect of the plan,” Pat said. “And he admitted it really early on.”

“And the reason it’s a single payer plan is because all these companies are going to say this makes no sense for us to keep them on our own rules, we’re going to have to push them into this government system because it makes no sense. It’s going to cost us too much money,” Stu continued. “So they do that. And then over time, the weight on the private system is too heavy and you have to give up and convert it to a single payer plan. That was the whole idea behind this President’s healthcare system. You’re seeing it in effect now. I mean, it was denied over and over again, not just by people on the left but also people in the media who said it was a scare tactic, who said there’s no truth in the fact that this President supports a single payer healthcare – even though we had him on record multiple times before he was running for President saying he was a supporter of single payer care.”

Despite the President, the media, and those on the left’s best attempts to convince the public that absolutely nothing will change as a result of the Affordable Care Act, we now know that is simply not the case.

“None of that is true. And we said at the time that won’t be true.

People are going to have to drop the healthcare they currently have to you’re going to lose the doctor you currently have and it has happened millions of times since we said it,” Pat said. “It’s happening more and more and more and as this thing approaches, as this disaster looms ever closer, it’s all coming to fruition. The chickens are coming home to roost.”

Front page image courtesy of the AP

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/09/20/...-time-workers/