Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

THERE WILL BE A GREAT COST REPEALING DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL

THERE WILL BE A GREAT COST TO REPEALING "DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL"

By Marsha West

December 25, 2010
    NewsWithViews.com

This is the last thing I wanted to write about before Christmas. For several weeks I have taken a break from writing to put my focus on the holidays: Family and friends gathering together; cooking; baking; decorating; tree trimming; shopping; wrapping; helping those in need. To take my mind off America’s woes I click on the Hallmark channel and watch Christmas movies.

Now the joy has been taken out of the holidays. So I’m putting everything aside to speak my piece.

Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (DADT) has been repealed. Those of us who oppose a repeal believed it would remain status quo because all 42 Republicans had signed a letter saying they would vote on no legislation until the government was funded and tax cuts passed. Despite the government not being funded the following RINOS (Republican in name only) voted for cloture: Brown (Mass), Collins (Maine), Kirk (Illinois), Murkowski (Alaska), Snowe (Maine) and Voinovich (Ohio).

Will these traitors be in attendance at the first military pride event?

During the lame duck session Democrats on their way out vowed to pass:

…a repeal of the Pentagon’s Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy regarding gays in the military [passed]

…the DREAM Act that would give incentives for citizenship to children of illegal immigrants [failed]

…an extension of unemployment insurance [failed]
    …the START Treaty, a nuclear arms reduction agreement with Russia [?]
    (Online source)

A comment on an article I read sums up how many voters are feeling about the 2010 lame duck session:

[b]“None of this lame duck liberal horror should be passed. None of it. It is an arrogant finger to all of us who voted on Nov. 2.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It will be nice when all Christians can judge members of the US Armed Forces on their skills, abilities, accomplishments and achievements.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    It will be nice when all Christians can judge members of the US Armed Forces on their skills, abilities, accomplishments and achievements.
    I am very thankful that Almighty God has already judged the sodomites for us. So I have no doubt where our military is headed as it fills up with such sickness.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Judy wrote,
    Judy, with all due respect, as I do enjoy your thought process at times, and your commitment and abilities to to bring thoughtful insights to the front of many issues.......enough of the pandering?

Your belief in fiscal conservatism, and social liberalism being compatible is a bit perplexing at times.

Oil and vinegar comes to mind.

While fiscal conservatism and social liberalism may seem to mesh at the individual level, at the societal level they cannot exist in harmony without a major watering down of religious beliefs; to an extent that society would cease to function with any resemblance of decency towards one another at the individual level. Chaos would ensue, and from that chaos, I fear any sense of order would be unwanted by many.

I believe also that this has long term detrimental effects concerning sound economics. From the economic level the two cannot exist. The one will eat the other.

JMO