Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Those Walmart Bastards

Just heard that walmart is charging over $10 shipping on online purchases averaging $100 that is sent to an APO or FPO address. What non-military people may not know is that shipping from the ports of New York or California to an APO or FPO address is FREE so the only shipping fee should be from Walmart to one of those states at a cost of about $2 NOT over $10. I will boycott and write to them. I hope you will support our military and do the same. Feel free to copy and paste my comments.

Thanks for your support.

Mr. A

I heard that on FOX News yesterday, too, taken from an article in "Stars and Stripes". Walmart (and perhaps some other vendors) evidently has been telling servicemen and women's families that the extra charges are for "higher overseas postal rates". The Army Postmaster General (hope that's right, USAF), writing in "S&S", wants everyone to know that THE U.S. MILITARY pays all extra charges BEYOND NEW YORK for items mailed to military personnel: there are no "higher overseas rates"! (or according to AF, for mailing "the other way", either.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just cut and pasted both comments in an email to Walmart

They have now reversed course. Yippee!!!!! But it wasn't without pressure, I"m sure