Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Three Arrested In Plot To Bomb JFK Airport

UPDATE: Three Arrested In Plot To Bomb JFK Airport

June 2, 2007 12:55 p.m. EST

Christopher Rizo - AHN AHN Staff Writer
    New York, NY (AHN) - Federal agents in New York have reportedly thwarted an alleged terror plot to attack the John F. Kennedy International Airport and now have three of the suspects in custody.

Only in the planning stages, the plot was to detonate explosives along a jet fuel pipeline that feeds one of the nation's busiest airports, sparking a massive explosion.

The Associated Press reports that the plot did not involve passenger terminals or aircraft, citing two officials that spoke to the news service on the condition of anonymity.

Authorities say as many as four people, possibly including a former airport worker and a former government official from Guyana were allegedly involved.

Three of the suspects are in custody, CNN reports.

Copyright © AHN Media Corp - All rights reserved.
    Redistribution, republication. syndication, rewriting or broadcast is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of AHN.
    http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007526874
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Top Stories

Breaking News: Four Charged In Plot To Blow Up JFK Airport

June 02, 2007

Three people have been arrested and one other is awaiting extradition in a plot to blow up John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Sources say the plot, which never got passed the planning stage, involved a plan to set off explosives in a jet fuel pipeline that feeds through the airport and runs through residential neighborhoods.

According to a law enforcement source, the pipeline brings aviation fuel from a facility in Linden, New Jersey to the airport.

Law enforcement officials say that Russell Defreitas, a U.S. citizen from Guyana, was arrested last night in New York. Defreitas, a former airport worker, will make a 2 p.m. court appearance in Brooklyn.

In a recorded conversation following one of the surveillance missions, Defreitas allegedly predicted that the attack would result in the destruction of the “whole of Kennedy.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, watching on Fox news now.
    According to fox

American immigrant from Guyana was the ring leader.
    He retired from the JFK Airport, worked in cargo.
    They have been investigating this since 2006!
    The group was from the bronks and had been meeting in malls to discuss their plans.

And our borders remain unsecured!!!!!

I just saw the news conference. The guy said one was in "fugitive status" - does that mean illegal?
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

No, they let one slip away on the run.

caught three one escapes

I get so tired of seeing details on TV........why don't we just draw a map for other terrorists.........tell them more about how bad something would hurt the U.S. The big mouth newspaper and TV reporters who give all the details as to what, where, how and why to cripple the U.S. can share with Jorge Boosh, blame for the next attack on the U.S.

Sources say the plot, which never got passed the planning stage, involved a plan to set off explosives in a jet fuel pipeline that feeds through the airport and runs through residential neighborhoods.

According to a law enforcement source, the pipeline brings aviation fuel from a facility in Linden, New Jersey to the airport.

"Even the Twin Towers can't touch it," said Defreitas. [b]"This can destroy the economy of America for some time.â€

Three arrested

I think when a law enforcement agency uncovers a horrible plot like this they deserves expressions of appreciation and thanks, from whomever has the time to send it. Much of our government comes under criticism and investigative work such as this is high risk, I'm sure they would welcome the appreciation.

The same holds true for ICE actions. Maybe they should be doing a better job (I know) but they deserve some thanks when they accomplish something.

I think it would be better for a community to show appreciation, rather than sending a bunch of emails.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl369
    I get so tired of seeing details on TV........why don't we just draw a map for other terrorists.........tell them more about how bad something would hurt the U.S. The big mouth newspaper and TV reporters who give all the details as to what, where, how and why to cripple the U.S. can share with Jorge Boosh, blame for the next attack on the U.S.
    I agree! It's almost like they want it to happen! What ever happened to confidential details? sheesh! Just get the American people some of the info, and safety issues.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Anything an illegal alien can do, so can a terrorist.

Wonder if this guy received amnesty in 86. Even if he didn't, he became a citizen and passed through all the immigration requirements and standards.

Yea, we need to let more people in. More people to watch out for. We need to import terrorist, criminals and evil doers. We have enough home grown problems.

I'm sure they don't indicate they are terrorist on the immigration application. They sure as hell are not going to line up and file papers if S1348 passes. They will stay underground and in the shadows, instead of apply for visas, temporary worker programs, and citizenship. I repeat, the worst of the worst will not apply or fill out paperwork.

The whole concept of we need to pass S1348 for security reasons becasue "we need to know who is in the country" is nothing but presidential bull crap! "They are just trying to scare you" into accepting that bad amnesty legislation (bill S 134.

Dixie

May I remind everyone that 3 of the most dangerous mosques in the country are:
    2 in NJ {not far from Newark International airport}
    1 in Long Island

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast