Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

THREE THINGS TO THINK ABOUT

The first thought, quite true, the third, even more so!!!

THREE THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:

1. COWS

2. THE CONSTITUTION

3. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

COWS:

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing

that our government can track a cow born in Canada

almost three years ago, right to the stall where she

sleeps in the state of Washington?

And, they tracked her calves to their stalls, but they

are unable to locate 11 million illegal aliens wandering

around our country!!!!

Maybe we should give them all a cow!!!!

THE CONSTITUTION:

They keep talking about drafting a Constitution for Iraq.

Why don't we just give them ours? It was written by a

lot of really smart guys, it's worked for over 200 years

although we're not using it anymore!!!!

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS:

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments

in a courthouse is because some of the commands it

contains include: "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not

Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie." Such commands

are just not compatible with a building full of lawyers, judges

and politicians as it creates a hostile work environment!!!!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THESE WORDS OF WISDOM!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Very good!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Ain't that the truth!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

While the ten commandments is a sound base for basic morals, get rid of the first four, (ONE God, taking God's name in vain, idolatry, keep the SABBATH). Get rid of these and sure we can hang them in front of the courthouse. Until then I question the wisdom presented in this statement.

Roxas, in the first place the Ten Commandments are Gods word, period, so His name should never be taken out of it. You live in a Judeo-Christian society and culture, that's the way it is going to be.

Another point, this was an email meant to make light of lawyers, judges and politicians who are doing the opposite of the Ten Commanments, so lighten up.

BTW, this is ALIPAC, not the ACLU.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas
    While the ten commandments is a sound base for basic morals, get rid of the first four, (ONE God, taking God's name in vain, idolatry, keep the SABBATH). Get rid of these and sure we can hang them in front of the courthouse. Until then I question the wisdom presented in this statement.
    Is that sarcasm. I am not understanding where you are coming from?
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxas
    Do you understand the reason for the Sabbath? The concept is that in order for a moral people to remain moral and to have the opportunity to calmly meditate upon God's teachings, there must be a day of rest. Because there would always be a tendency for competitive individuals to make it difficult to compete without giving up our weekly rest, a specied day of rest and sanctions for violating the sanctity of the day had to be created. The day of rest is not meant to be an imposition, but rather a gift to those who would have their rest denied them. Once the sanctity of that day was violated, doing away with the concept of the required day of rest was easy.

Now, in whose interest was the elimination of that day of rest? The truly wealthy may take a day (or week, or month) of rest almost whenever they choose. So it is the common laborers who need that day of rest, but if they take their day of rest, who is to wait hand and foot on the elite?

Well said Crockett.

Roxas, in the first place the Ten Commandments are Gods word, period, so His name should never be taken out of it. You live in a Judeo-Christian society and culture, that's the way it is going to be.
    If this were a true Judeo-Christian society, I would not see hundreds going astray every day. Come to the city and you will see Judeo-Christian society clearly present in high schools and colleges . By the way that was sarcasm.

Anyway, from what I learned in our education system is to question everything, including the books of the Old Testament, the so called Word of God. But I won't discuss this further, for this site is not intended for theological debates. Notice I did not learn this from the ACLU...

Do you understand the reason for the Sabbath? The concept is that in order for a moral people to remain moral and to have the opportunity to calmly meditate upon God's teachings, there must be a day of rest
    Some early Christian groups believed the God of the OT was Satan himself. And they had reasons to believe it so. Every day can be a Sabbath for the soul. What happens to the state of the body is irrelevant. Either side wins.. there isn't just one correct interpretation!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast