Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Toddlers who dislike spicy food 'racist'

Toddlers who dislike spicy food 'racist'

By Rosa Prince, Political Correspondent
    Last Updated: 10:15AM BST 07/07/2008

Toddlers who turn their noses up at spicy food from overseas could be branded racists by a Government-sponsored agency.

The National Children's Bureau, which receives £12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.

This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.

The guidance by the NCB is designed to draw attention to potentially-racist attitudes in youngsters from a young age.

It alerts playgroup leaders that even babies can not be ignored in the drive to root out prejudice as they can "recognise different people in their lives".

The 366-page guide for staff in charge of pre-school children, called Young Children and Racial Justice, warns: "Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships."

It advises nursery teachers to be on the alert for childish abuse such as: "blackie", "Pakis", "those people" or "they smell".

The guide goes on to warn that children might also "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuk'".

Staff are told: "No racist incident should be ignored. When there is a clear racist incident, it is necessary to be specific in condemning the action."

Warning that failing to pick children up on their racist attitudes could instil prejudice, the NCB adds that if children "reveal negative attitudes, the lack of censure may indicate to the child that there is nothing unacceptable about such attitudes".

Nurseries are encouraged to report as many incidents as possible to their local council. The guide added: "Some people think that if a large number of racist incidents are reported, this will reflect badly on the institution. In fact, the opposite is the case."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... eport.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

God Save the Queen! The UK has lost it!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You got that right!!!!!!!!!

More insanity. Many kids naturally don't like spicy food and I never have my whole life. I eat nothing spicy and I'm not racist.

Is this insane or what? I swear the UK has gone MAD!!!!!!

I can't eat spices at all.......race has nothing to do with it.....my stomach doesn't like it!

I think thier govt is trying to brain wash them! Insane!

Next thing you know it will be OK to eat Fluffy or stick "Tweetie" on a spicket and it's fine.

Didn't they have a hissy over Hansel and Gretel years ago about the old witch who ate children? With this attitude.....who's next.....Solient Green?

Are you kidding me??? Are they so desperate for an argument for their position that they would brand small children as racist? Shame on them! This proves the ridiculous lengths so-called people will go to in order to win their argument

The UK has gone mad! This is what happens when political correctness runs amuck. It turns in to absolute insanity if allowed to fester...

I have one child who you could tempt to eat anything as long as you acted like it was YUCK. Yet another who wouldn't eat anything if it didn't "feel right". I have an adult husband who practically has to have divider plates because things can't "touch" eat other. A Dad who said fat was the flavor of the meat and could sit and eat a plate of fat without blinking an eye no matter what medical tests prove. He also mixed all his food together......said it's "mixed up" in the stomache anyway, so who cares. LOL Where's individual taste? LOL I can't stick a knife into anything that resembles the animal alive. And friends who can't eat rice because it reminds them of maggots. There's alot more than race involved in individual tastes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast